Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
You are even more stupid than the other guy. KDE 4.0 was forced on no one. KDE 3.5.9 and 3.5.10 were released after 4.0 and 4.1 because both 4.0 & 4.1 were considered tech previews and no distributor (except Fedora but that's cutting edge anyway) shipped KDE 4.0 by default. Kubuntu had a special KDE 4.0 remix next to the main KDE3-based one. openSUSE presented its users this desktop selection screen: http://old-en.opensuse.org/File:OS11.0-inst-6.jpg It a) gives the users the choice between both and b) clearly states that KDE 4.0 is not mature!
Mandriva, Debian, etc. didn't switch to KDE4 before 4.2.

So you shut the fuck up with your lies, idiot!

If anybody does not like the workflows of Gnome Shell, Plasma Desktop, etc., fine. Simply don't use them, don't spread lies, and piss off to Windows.
Do you even, ... you know ... think about the stuff you say before you say it? Or do you read what people say before you comment?

As for KDE, my first experience was with a Kubuntu distro during my first year of college. The layout was very Windows-like, but that meant it was easy for new users to pick up because it resembled something they were familiar with. My OS at the time was Ubuntu 6.04 (I think), and I was already grooving to the GNOME way of doing things, but the KDE machine was still usable.

Then we upgraded the machine to the 4.X release. Big mistake. It was an unwieldy mess and it turned me off of KDE, because if this was were it was going, neither I nor anyone else in the lab wanted any part of it. I understand it's gotten better (and I have it installed on this very machine), but I haven't spent time with it to check.

Regarding your Tourette syndrome, you are one sad little fellow. You substitute vitriol for argument and insults in place of points. You've done nothing in this entire thread but go out of your way to make anyone with whom you disagree feel uncomfortable. What a fascinating life you must lead. Tell us of your accomplishments and achievements in life that we might be gratified and uplifted; inspired to greatness by your shining example! Or we can all take a good, hard look at reality and realize that you sound like a 12 year old who's off his meds. You're being a dick, and you impress no one - least of all with your intellect and mastery of prose.