Thread: Mageia 3 Alpha 3 Is Ready To Go

Default Mageia 3 Alpha 3 Is Ready To Go

Phoronix: Mageia 3 Alpha 3 Is Ready To Go

Following a slight delay, Mageia 3 Alpha 3 is now available for those interested in testing this Mandriva-derived Linux distribution...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIyODc

Default WTF

I never got this working in Virtualbox. How is it that it is now one of the most popular distributions on Distrowatch?

It's as if somebody went back in time and planted it with gorilla marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrl View Post
    I never got this working in Virtualbox. How is it that it is now one of the most popular distributions on Distrowatch?

I used Mageia 2 KDE on my desktop for about 6 months. It was the only distribution I used so far where I didn't receive KDE crashes/errors. I wanted to move up to cauldron but it didn't work.. but overall Mageia was great.

I have Mageia 2 running in VirtualBox perfectly fine. So whatever it is, chances are it's a problem on your side. And I also have a netbook running the distro as the main OS, which also works really well.

Been running the Alpha 2 since Steam beta was released(glibc 2.15 > needed), And have to say for an alpha it's incredibly stable.

I was running Mageia 2 since its release, moved from Mandriva

Mageia reminds me of what Mandrake, oops, Mandriva used to be, a good,stable easy to use/learn OS.

How is it that it is now one of the most popular distributions on Distrowatch?

It just requires a few dedicated fans to set the Mageia page as browser start page.
    PCLinuxOS did that a few years back.