Thread: Jolla Presents Sailfish OS MeeGo-Fork

Hybrid View

Default Jolla Presents Sailfish OS MeeGo-Fork

Phoronix: Jolla Presents Sailfish OS MeeGo-Fork

Jolla, the Finnish company that was formed by many ex-Nokia employees that were responsible for their MeeGo work and the Nokia N9 smart-phone until Nokia jumped in bed with Microsoft for the Windows Phone, finally showcased its Linux OS today: Sailfish, a fork of MeeGo Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIzMzI

shut up and take my money

Man there's still hope for an N900 successor......

Quote Originally Posted by ZebCarnell View Post
    Man there's still hope for an N900 successor......
    YES. I hope they haven't forgotten the N900, the greatest phone ever. I switched to an Android with better specs and still wtf at the crappy sluggish multitasking, the poor handling of audio volumes and outputs, hoho you need to hack your friggin phone to do ANYTHING ADVANCED, and many other small things.

I hate Android, I use because of the apps and the faster browser.

Quote Originally Posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    YES. I hope they haven't forgotten the N900, the greatest phone ever. I switched to an Android with better specs and still wtf at the crappy sluggish multitasking, the poor handling of audio volumes and outputs, hoho you need to hack your friggin phone to do ANYTHING ADVANCED, and many other small things.

I hate Android, I use because of the apps and the faster browser.
    the only problem I had with my N900 was that the USB connector came off after every few months. Never had that on another phone. Aside from that: yes, the N900 was awesome.

Also you forgot that you need root rights to backup your own data. How stupid does a developer has to be to pull something like that off? I didn't knew that the IQ scala can go into negativity...