Thread: AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Still Being Tried For 3.2

Default AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Still Being Tried For 3.2

Phoronix: AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Still Being Tried For 3.2

There's just a few weeks to go until the release of LLVM 3.2, but AMD is still trying to get its "R600" GPU back-end merged into this next compiler infrastructure release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIzNjc

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    AMD is still trying to get its "R600" GPU back-end merged into this next compiler infrastructure release.

Going back to March, AMD has been trying to merge its R600 GPU back-end that is optionally used by their open-source graphics driver stack
    That's a rather inaccurate description of the code. Here, let me help you with that:
    AMD OSS developers are still trying to get a "R600" GPU back-end merged into this next compiler infrastructure release.

Going back to March, the AMD OSS developers have been trying to merge a R600 GPU back-end that is optionally used by the open-source graphics driver stack
    (I wonder to myself whether you're intentionally contributing to misinformation or is purely unintentional ??)

I wonder to myself whether you're intentionally contributing to misinformation or is purely unintentional ??