Thread: Another Enlightenment E17 Alpha Already Tips Up

Default Another Enlightenment E17 Alpha Already Tips Up

Phoronix: Another Enlightenment E17 Alpha Already Tips Up

The rapid releases of Enlightenment E17 Alpha continue. Just two days after E17 Alpha 6, there is now a seventh alpha release with less than one month to go until the official E17 1.0 release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIzOTM

For people using E17 or testing it:
    Does it offer some sort of desktop zoom, like compiz Extended Zoom? Last time I checked (16.999.something) it didn't, or I couldn't find it?!

Default What the...

This is just crazy, stop announcing every single alpha release of Enlightenment ! Why don't you announce alphas of other packages also ? I realise that you earn money when people visit your site, but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by wargames View Post
    This is just crazy, stop announcing every single alpha release of Enlightenment ! Why don't you announce alphas of other packages also ? I realise that you earn money when people visit your site, but come on...
    After a million years in vaporware mode the release is really important.

@not.sure

I don't think it has one. Or at least is somewhere hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by wargames View Post
    This is just crazy, stop announcing every single alpha release of Enlightenment ! Why don't you announce alphas of other packages also ?
    Have other packages been awaited vaporware for literally more than a decade? No? Well, that's what makes Enlightenment E17 kind of a big deal.

@not.sure:

It definitely doesn't have one. There used to be Ecomorph (Compiz for E17), but then they stopped mantaining it... 3 years ago. E17's own compositor is rather primitive at least on the user-facing end, just a few eye-candy here and there and settings that defeat understanding. I hope this will change someday.

(Redundant post was redundant)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Have other packages been awaited vaporware for literally more than a decade? No? Well, that's what makes Enlightenment E17 kind of a big deal.

@not.sure:

It definitely doesn't have one. There used to be Ecomorph (Compiz for E17), but then they stopped mantaining it... 3 years ago. E17's own compositor is rather primitive at least on the user-facing end, just a few eye-candy here and there and settings that defeat understanding. I hope this will change someday.

(Redundant post was redundant)
    I think they are going to make a better compositor for e18 (but maybe the dev will be dead of age by then ). Anyway personally i don't mind the few eye candy. The only thing i miss is a way to display all windows on a workspace with a button or something. No big deal of course.

What is missing is native looking apps. It would feel much more composed if it had a native firefox, thunderbird music player text editor etc etc.