Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avoiding Frame Jitter With GNOME's Mutter, Weston

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    Linux doesn't have a single HW company that will push it on the desktop. So app developers are not interested in porting their apps. Also many of the bugs that the end user sees are HW related and cannot be solved on the kernel space. Even if the devs want they cannot do anything about it in many cases. (nvidia GPU, AMD PM etc etc) Also the kernel devs do a damn fine job IMO with regresions. I am on a rolling release distro and so far -apart from minor glitches- it works damn fine. My problems so far have been HW related (Intel POS).
    open your ears. i'm not talking about whether its linux's "fault". i'm talking about that as a desktop OS it is still lackluster. the fact that its MS's fault or space aliens' doesn't change the fact.

I managed to survive 25 years on this planet 18 of those with a computer without ever installing AutoCAD. Same is true for my friends.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    I managed to survive 25 years on this planet 18 of those with a computer without ever installing AutoCAD. Same is true for my friends.
    How can you live with AutoCAD??? You need to sell your soul to Autodesk asap.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Sadly we don't have a proper FOSS CAD suite. And TBH i need one. And maybe with all the 3d printing going open source and becoming more popular a FOSS CAD is needed more than a few years back.