Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: AMD Catalyst 12.12 For Linux Released

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulletxt View Post
    AMD Catalyst in one single post:

    1) you're lucky if you are able to install the driver and make it actually work after first reboot
    2) you don't suffer a kernel panic within 1 day without doing anything special
    3) you don't have issues with WINE
    4) you don't suffer a freeze while watching some bullshit videos with VLC or whatever
    5) get the list continued..
    Dunno but haven't faced any of 1 to 4. Earlier I was on Catalyst 12.4. Now on Catalyst 12.10. Team Fortress 2 also runs fine.

    WINE doesn't count anyway.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

    I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....


    TIA,
    AJSB

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet500 View Post
    Dunno but haven't faced any of 1 to 4. Earlier I was on Catalyst 12.4. Now on Catalyst 12.10. Team Fortress 2 also runs fine.

    WINE doesn't count anyway.
    Welcome to the Phoronix forums, remember not to feed the trolls ;-)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJSB View Post
    Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

    I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....


    TIA,
    AJSB
    I have A8-3870K (Llano), and I can say Catalyst improved a lot since 12.4 when I bought it. With 12.4, suspend didn't work and I had random kernel panics. Now I'm using 12.10, and it works just fine. Performance in GNOME 3 is not very good, but KDE runs just perfectly smooth with all the effects. Haven't tried 12.12 yet, and remember, Trinity are much faster than Llano.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    It would be much nicer when fglrx devs would look at public forums
    Instead of working on bugs that already reported? Remember, resources is limited and time is resource too.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,673

    Default

    Maybe the monkey are just not clever enough - or too few.

  7. #17

    Default

    May you please tell us name of at least one GPU vendor, who continuously searching for bugreports about proprietary driver on Internet forums?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJSB View Post
    Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

    I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....


    TIA,
    AJSB
    I just got an a10-5800k (trinity) myself. I haven't yet tested 12.12, but I can tell you that 12.11-beta 11 works great. Gnome Shell is nice and smooth, and it performs as expected in games. That's a good place to start if 12.12 doesn't work.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    93

    Thumbs down

    AMD released the Catalyst 12.12 Linux graphics driver for those who are lucky enough to have a 5xxx series card or newer and are still reliant upon their binary blob for Radeon/FirePro graphics card support.


    Fixed it for you...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benmoran View Post
    I just got an a10-5800k (trinity) myself. I haven't yet tested 12.12, but I can tell you that 12.11-beta 11 works great. Gnome Shell is nice and smooth, and it performs as expected in games. That's a good place to start if 12.12 doesn't work.

    Can you help me select a case ?
    I need to know how tall is the top of the stock cooler in relation to the MB surface...

    TIA,
    AJSB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •