Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Valve Has A Christmas Present For Linux Gamers

Smile

All I care about is a port of the Source SDK 2007 - so I can continue playing Black Mesa Source natively rather than via Wine... That would make a great Christmas present

Quote Originally Posted by AJenbo View Post
    They have stated that they didn't have any plans to port the pre 2007 SDK's so any game that is build on thows versions of Source are very unlikely to come to Linux.
    That seems quite disappointing to me, actually. It bothers me to see part of a game series or developers catalogue appear on a platform but not all.

May seem like a petty complaint, but it does bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirt001 View Post
    As far as Skyrim goes, it's playable under wine with pretty much zero mucking around. Can't say I know about CS:GO's status though.
    Skyrim V works well with wine > 1.5.1x

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    That seems quite disappointing to me, actually. It bothers me to see part of a game series or developers catalogue appear on a platform but not all.

May seem like a petty complaint, but it does bug me.
    AFAIK all of Valve's Source engine games have been updated to the latest (pre-Source Engine 2) version of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
    AFAIK all of Valve's Source engine games have been updated to the latest (pre-Source Engine 2) version of the engine.
    So does that mean they will port them?

I see it this way:

How could Valve convince other developers to support Linux if they don't even consider to port their own timeless classics?
    After all this game universe laid the foundation to Valve's success.

Btw, I'd love to play through HL2 + Episodes again on Linux before HL3 hits the streets.

Expect most/all Valve Source-based games to be ported, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I see it this way:

How could Valve convince other developers to support Linux if they don't even consider to port their own timeless classics?
    After all this game universe laid the foundation to Valve's success.

Btw, I'd love to play through HL2 + Episodes again on Linux before HL3 hits the streets.
    Don't worry, with Valve time you'll make in time to finish it on hard, with crowbar only, running backwards. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ElderSnake View Post
    CS:GO runs near flawlessly in WINE actually. Still I and no doubt many others would like the native port.
    I get that, and that's fair enough, I'm just saying there's no need to boot into Windows for those games now, that's all.

LOL !!!

After "hacking" (it's not really hacking) the Steam Client and played mainly ROOST4145 for some time i stopped using Steam...(i actually was having a good experience of it but stopped because of work).

Now in the begin of month i received finally the invitation to participate...but i won't !

...not till i assemble my new mITX rig that is

This weekend i will order everything and hopefully will get them till next weekend...