Thread: Enlightenment Releases E17 "Lucky Rubber Ducky"

Default Enlightenment Releases E17 "Lucky Rubber Ducky"

Phoronix: Enlightenment Releases E17 "Lucky Rubber Ducky"

The Enlightenment project is out today with a new release ahead of the official E17 1.0 release expected on 21 December. With one week to go, the new E17 release is being called the "Lucky Rubber Ducky" by its developers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1MjI

E17 is coming together very nicely. All those niggly bugs are getting patched up, or have been patched already. I'm using E17 Gamma at the moment, and it feels like a release version. It's been a long time coming, but it's worth it. An excellent window manager.

Hopefully it is still sleek and slender enough to run on older machines. Would be great to have some lightweight thingy for thin clients and the like.

How evil. They must know for certain the world will end on the 21st, and had to release early

Thumbs down

- Filemanager now capable of loading large directories more quickly
    I'm not impressed. When uncached, wants to kill my HDD, then my CPU (fricking 2500K), and that dir isn't that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarion View Post
    Hopefully it is still sleek and slender enough to run on older machines. Would be great to have some lightweight thingy for thin clients and the like.
    I had some experience with E17/EFL about a year ago on a smartphone development system, and it was performing decently... So hopefully there's nothing inherent about E17 that would prevent it being used on thin clients and lower-powered systems.

Quote Originally Posted by gedgon View Post
    I'm not impressed. When uncached, wants to kill my HDD, then my CPU (fricking 2500K), and that dir isn't that big.

Wow, is that a new default theme for e17?(their website was also updated apparently) I really want to check it out from svn now, but I will wait until the release in a few days. And it is nice to see that the filemanager now aligns the icons properly in a grid even if there are long filenames.