Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kokoko3k View Post
    Anybody tried the great psychonauts port? wine makes it run faster than the native version ported by icculus. Ah, he was the same to port dungeon defenders; what a man.
    While I understand the reasons behind the frustration, I dislike the tone you are taking about a man who has done more for Linux and free software gaming than almost anyone alive. He has a much wider body of work than you might realize, much of which is absolutely stellar.

    The biggest problem in my mind is actually the mad rush pace they keep doing for these bundles, which is making them a support a nightmare. Currently playing through Torchlight with my still headless character...

    As for Psychonauts, expect an updated port sometime in the new year:
    http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.p...e-update.1500/

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    530

    Default

    I paid 2 cents for the bundle.

    And even then I feel like I already overpaid for such cookie-cutter games.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonadow View Post
    I paid 2 cents for the bundle.

    And even then I feel like I already overpaid for such cookie-cutter games.
    I paid 2 cents to get rid of you and I'm still waiting. I derp even...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by storma View Post
    I paid 2 cents to get rid of you and I'm still waiting. I derp even...
    You're right, I should have paid 1 cent and distributed the games for free over torrent.

    No DRM = free redistribution. Which is what you anti-DRM proponents always fought for.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonadow View Post
    No DRM = free redistribution.
    Wait. What?

    I hope you're "just" trolling.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ฿ 16LDJ6Hrd1oN3nCoFL7BypHSEYL84ca1JR
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonadow View Post
    You're right, I should have paid 1 cent and distributed the games for free over torrent.
    Look at the torrent url. They are already freely distributed. As long as you know the url to the torrent.

    If you are trying to troll... What's the point? I mean, saying obviously stupid things is not good trolling. That's on the level of "Obama is a muslim socialist communist" etc.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    I think some peoples egos need adjusting.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    While I understand the reasons behind the frustration, I dislike the tone you are taking about a man who has done more for Linux and free software gaming than almost anyone alive. He has a much wider body of work than you might realize, much of which is absolutely stellar.
    http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.p...e-update.1500/
    I like Icculus to an extent. His libraries alone are amazing (if somewhat incomplete). Although his apparent and often voiced dislike for unix heritage (not that a different more lay file system layout or case insensitive file systems would bug most users) ruins it. I like the guy and his work but he seems to want Linux to be Windows for some reason. I don't use Linux for games, I like that their here and purchase them often for show of support but truthfully I play almost none of them because of rushed or broken ports or just uninspired *indie games without any level of fun.

    *not all indie games are bad, look at angry birds or world of goo for instance. Just most fall short of entertaining to me on some level.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarex View Post
    *not all indie games are bad, look at angry birds or world of goo for instance. Just most fall short of entertaining to me on some level.
    I am sorry, it is not my place to judge other people's tastes in games, but I must admit this made me laugh.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,610

    Default

    If somebody wants to try a patched sdl 2.0:

    http://kanotix.com/files/fix/sdl2

    It basically works with it, but it does not remember that it should be fullscreen on startup. No symlink required. The patch was from the sdl bugtracker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •