Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SprezzOS: "Most Robust, Beautiful & Performant Linux"

Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal" xD

PS:
    The "hundreds of fixes" line is also quite funny. It implies that Linux is broken by design and needs fixing to be usable. Which might be true though, in all fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    So this may actually be legit? Is there any info on what they have done to achieve this most robust and performant Linux? Here's hoping it doesn't consist of compiling all packages with -Ofast and putting on a smile.
    My reaction is IMG: Not_sure_if_trolling_or_serious.jpg

I don't think its a bad one

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal" xD
    Got that one too
    And those are "Unbuntu" fixes

Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal"
    I caught that too, big laugh.

this project looks like an absolute joke to me. What a terrible video to show off '"the most robust, beautifuly and performant linux" ~ it looks like a 12yr old made it....lol

Michael has such a weird idea of what is newsworthy.... I would say the L_Pa version of Wine is ACTUAL news, and here is why;

L_pa-Wine (targeted at proaudio users): https://sourceforge.net/projects/l-proaudio/files/

Some of L_pa-Wine's notable features;

-> Designed for Proaudio / windows VST/ASIO use in Gnu/linux
    -> *implements UNIX PIPES in wine* (HUGE FRICKING NEWS)
    -> *proper mapping of windows priorities to linux prio (including FIFO).* (BIG NEWS)
    -> moves these types of calls out of wineserver, in order to handle prio/threading _properly_, rather than being bound to wineserver (BIG NEWS!)
    -> supports hundreds of VSTs (with proper synchronization with Jackd + stability) NOT available in Wine (and likely not anytime soon). (BIG NEWS)

I've also had some patches accepted by upstream/wine-devs that fix a number of bugs for windows VST users on Linux.

note: I've done comparisons between some Native VSTs (for linux) VS. their Windows versions running in L_pa-Wine (take a guess at which one works better? .....if you thought the native linux versions ~ than you were WRONG).
    Last edited by ninez; 01-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.

PS:
    The "hundreds of fixes" line is also quite funny. It implies that Linux is broken by design and needs fixing to be usable. Which might be true though, in all fairness.
    Actually it was a shot at Ubuntu as it said hundreds of fixes not available on Ubuntu, not linux.

Young one very ambitious is.
    https://github.com/dankamongmen/Spre...s/contributors

To me it seems like any other Debian based distribution, not solving the real problems like updates breaking the system, not being able to install multiple versions of the same software without hassle, not being able to install packages on a per-user basis etc. etc.

Holy shit guys, they're using a new compiler and custom compiler flags? Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? I bet Intel feels silly, they spend billions making a 10% faster CPU, and now it turns out all they had to do was -funroll-loops.

Oh look, it's a 698th distro in the Linux world!

Compositing is only useful to decrease game performance.

Quote Originally Posted by totex71 View Post
    doubt that it will ever be near the parformance of arch linux :P
    if only usability and maintenance wouldnt take so much time...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8902/26006372.jpg

Orcas on mother freakin' Segways!!!