Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox 19 Beta Brings JavaScript-Based PDF Viewer

Quote Originally Posted by willmore View Post
    Every time Adobe Reader installs itself on a machine, it stuffs a plugin into each and every browser it can find. So, I have to go in and turn that off. I've been doing this for over a decade and I'm tired of it. Please tell me that it will be possible to turn this off and let .pdf files be downloaded instead.
    Obviously -

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Obviously
    If you're running it and in that menu, yes. Not obvious otherwise. But, thanks for the screen cap.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    JavaScript is for web pages, not for the browser. Sounds kind of stupid what Mozilla is doing.
    That's an odd thing to say, given that large parts of Firefox have been written in Javascript since day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Why don't they use a plugin, like Chrome does? (And it's very fast.) JavaScript is for web pages, not for the browser. Sounds kind of stupid what Mozilla is doing.
    Mozilla must be idiots right? They use javascript for the webpage, GUI, pdf, mp3, extensions, torrent, flash etc.

Well, since they don't care about performance, props to them, I guess.

Maybe they should rewrite Firefox and Gecko itself in JavaScript and then we'd run it inside Chrome.