Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R600 Gallium3D Getting Close On OpenGL 3.3 Support

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Both 3D and rotation are working. You just have to use glamor and a pre-1.13 xserver at the moment until the issues with xserver 1.13 are sorted out.
    Does it work with zaphod configurations now?

Both 3D and rotation are working. You just have to use glamor and a pre-1.13 xserver at the moment until the issues with xserver 1.13 are sorted out.
    I just rebuilt everything and it still doesn't work for me.
    Could somebody check what I'm doing wrong?
    xorg.conf.d: http://pastebin.com/7yzcnFtT
    Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/AepK2XDq
    build_radeonsi.sh: http://pastebin.com/HZGhh0fq

Basically what I do is (some of this may be redundant but I never checked what exactly I need):
    Download/build/install 3.8 kernel from git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux origin/drm-next branch
    Download/build/install LLVM from git://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm
    Download/build/install entire stack with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular util/modular
    Download/build/install xorg-server-1.11.4 from tarball with --enable-glx-tls --enable-xorg --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xwin
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati with --enable-gallium-radeon --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --enable-glamor
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa with --with-dri-driverdir=$PREFIX/lib/dri --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,r300,r600,radeonsi --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=radeon
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/glamor with --enable-glx-tls

kdmrc has
    ServerCmd=/opt/xorg/bin/X -verbose 9 -logverbose 9 -configdir /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

and I'm still getting
    [ 1169.968] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
    [ 1169.968] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled

P.S. LLVM settings are
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-experimental-targets=R600 --enable-optimized --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.

Quote Originally Posted by rrohbeck View Post
    Looks like it's not picking up Option "AccelMethod" "glamor". I think maybe the xorg.conf.d/ snippets must be named *.conf, or it might be easier to just put it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

BTW, this sort of problem report should rather go to a relevant mailing list.

I just rebuilt everything and it still doesn't work for me.
    Could somebody check what I'm doing wrong?
    xorg.conf.d: http://pastebin.com/7yzcnFtT
    Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/AepK2XDq
    build_radeonsi.sh: http://pastebin.com/HZGhh0fq

Basically what I do is (some of this may be redundant but I never checked what exactly I need):
    Download/build/install 3.8 kernel from git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux origin/drm-next branch
    Download/build/install LLVM from git://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm
    Download/build/install entire stack with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular util/modular
    Download/build/install xorg-server-1.11.4 from tarball with --enable-glx-tls --enable-xorg --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xwin
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati with --enable-gallium-radeon --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --enable-glamor
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa with --with-dri-driverdir=$PREFIX/lib/dri --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,r300,r600,radeonsi --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=radeon
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
    Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/glamor with --enable-glx-tls

kdmrc has
    ServerCmd=/opt/xorg/bin/X -verbose 9 -logverbose 9 -configdir /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

and I'm still getting
    [ 1169.968] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

IIRC: You need to rebuild mesa with the --enable-glx-tls and the other options BEFORE you build xf86-video-ati. When I've seen glamor guides in the past, they basically recommended MESA -> GLAMOR -> xf86-video-ati. The xf86-video-ati configure log might also be useful here.

Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    IIRC: You need to rebuild mesa with the --enable-glx-tls and the other options BEFORE you build xf86-video-ati. When I've seen glamor guides in the past, they basically recommended MESA -> GLAMOR -> xf86-video-ati. The xf86-video-ati configure log might also be useful here.
    That didn't change anything. But maybe the new fglrx will work for me, I'll try it now.

That didn't change anything. But maybe the new fglrx will work for me, I'll try it now.
    Have you fixed your configuration so that the accelmethod option is actually picked up by the xserver?

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"

Have you fixed your configuration so that the accelmethod option is actually picked up by the xserver?

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    Yes, the current Device section is
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:Section "Device"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Identifier "HD7850"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: BusID "PCI:6:0:0"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-HDMI-0" "S273HL1"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:# Option "Monitor-DVI-1" "S273HL2"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DVI-0" "Shimian"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-0" "QNIX1"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-1" "QNIX2"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:EndSection

/opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-0" "QNIX1"
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-1" "QNIX2"
    I uploaded the latest xorg.conf.d to http://pastebin.com/hFMbKNWK

Is it actually getting picked up by the xserver however? Previously it was not. Can you post your xorg log? It would be easier to track all of this if you opened a bug:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org