Hardware or driver issue AMD A10-5800K
Having some issues with a new set up. Tried the 12.10/11 and 13.1 drivers, open source works fine for the most part.
I have the set up listed below. I also have a second set up like this but with a A8-5600K CPU and AMD ram which is working good although it does have one of the glitches explained below.
- AMD A10-5800K APU Quad Core Processor Socket FM2 3.8GHZ 4MB 100W Retail Box
- G.SKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Sniper SE 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1866 CL9-10-9-28 1.5V
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive
- Thermaltake TR2 500W Power Supply Cable Management ATX12V V2.3 24PIN With 120mm Fan
- MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 mATX FM2 A75 DDR3 1PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 1PCI SATA3 HDMI DVI USB3.0
- Nmedia HTPC-5000B Desktop Media Centre Case mATX
So using Linux Mint 14 Mate I get this when playing 3D games
I also get white pixels on the screen especially around images or window borders. I have something similar on the A8 system but not too noticeable.
I left the Bios settings at factory defaults. I tired a few other distros and I get the same thing with all of them.
This is my htpc/game rig at work so will take it home and swap out parts with that so see if any changes occur.
What games have problems more exactly? Do you use any desktop compositing?
That thing from the youtube vid looks really bad. What game is it?
I have an A8-5500 and have no issues with it. I run Debian Wheezy on it with Xfce 4.10 (no compositing) and the 3.7 kernel (the stock 3.2 kernel had issues with the sound card).
Now i have the 13.1 drivers installed and encountered no issues so far.
Played TF2, CS 1.6 on Steam, Dungeons and Dragons via Wine, 0 AD, Urban Terror, Nexuiz and whatnot. No issues.
This problem was caused by broken hardware, enduser reported that on http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=123132