Hardware or driver issue AMD A10-5800K
Having some issues with a new set up. Tried the 12.10/11 and 13.1 drivers, open source works fine for the most part.
I have the set up listed below. I also have a second set up like this but with a A8-5600K CPU and AMD ram which is working good although it does have one of the glitches explained below.
- AMD A10-5800K APU Quad Core Processor Socket FM2 3.8GHZ 4MB 100W Retail Box
- G.SKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Sniper SE 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1866 CL9-10-9-28 1.5V
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive
- Thermaltake TR2 500W Power Supply Cable Management ATX12V V2.3 24PIN With 120mm Fan
- MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 mATX FM2 A75 DDR3 1PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 1PCI SATA3 HDMI DVI USB3.0
- Nmedia HTPC-5000B Desktop Media Centre Case mATX
So using Linux Mint 14 Mate I get this when playing 3D games
I also get white pixels on the screen especially around images or window borders. I have something similar on the A8 system but not too noticeable.
I left the Bios settings at factory defaults. I tired a few other distros and I get the same thing with all of them.
This is my htpc/game rig at work so will take it home and swap out parts with that so see if any changes occur.