Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Radeon DRM GPU Driver Performance: Linux 3.4 To 3.8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,100

    Default Radeon DRM GPU Driver Performance: Linux 3.4 To 3.8

    Phoronix: Radeon DRM GPU Driver Performance: Linux 3.4 To 3.8

    Last week benchmarks were delivered on Phoronix that showed the Intel DRM GPU driver performance between the Linux 3.2 and 3.8 kernels. In this article are similar benchmarks of the Radeon DRM driver in recent kernel releases using AMD graphics hardware but going back only to the Linux 3.4 kernel due to show-stopping issues.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18437

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Radeon DRM GPU Driver Performance: Linux 3.4 To 3.8

    Last week benchmarks were delivered on Phoronix that showed the Intel DRM GPU driver performance between the Linux 3.2 and 3.8 kernels. In this article are similar benchmarks of the Radeon DRM driver in recent kernel releases using AMD graphics hardware but going back only to the Linux 3.4 kernel due to show-stopping issues.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18437
    FYI 3.8 also give you hyperz ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    How much can we trust this benchmark if recent comparisons are showing very clearly that Unity can have unpredictable influences on 3D performance?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Nah, i was hope to see supertuxkart 0.8 test on radeon, but nope. Is this true or not .

    http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PTS-SUPERTUX37

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    So, has there been any word to explain the problems with both Prey and Nexuiz here (assuming it is not something like AA being triggered)? Everything else is indeed looking good.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    51

    Default

    On a HD4650.
    This is an oooold and slooow card.
    Kind of useless benchmark again...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhuberts View Post
    On a HD4650.
    This is an oooold and slooow card.
    Kind of useless benchmark again...
    Not for us old and slow card owners

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhuberts View Post
    On a HD4650.
    This is an oooold and slooow card.
    Kind of useless benchmark again...
    I think an HD7970 GHz edition should be tested. :P

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Lay of Micheal for once there people - the 4650 is probably a very common card to be used by people using the R600g drivers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    How much can we trust this benchmark if recent comparisons are showing very clearly that Unity can have unpredictable influences on 3D performance?
    To the fullest extend, since Unity was used like it's used to all the way through the entire benchmark? (duh...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    So, has there been any word to explain the problems with both Prey and Nexuiz here (assuming it is not something like AA being triggered)? Everything else is indeed looking good.
    Prey and Nexuiz performance can be explained by actually studying the articale.

    - kernel v3.4 makes radeon advertise mesa version 2.1
    - kernel v3.5 and higher makes radeon advertise mesa version 3.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •