Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Talking

Hahaha in the day that KDE 4.10 released, google uses a pic in its search engine which displays feets and an apple.
    Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    Hahaha in the day that KDE 4.10 released, google uses a pic in its search engine which displays feets and an apple.
    Coincidence?
    While funny and ironic, a quick mouseover the doodle explains it :P

I know, but funny nevertheless

@funkSTAR
    Okay, KDE it's a fucked up DE ever. BTW, is there anyone force you to use KDE? (maybe Lamar Smith?). I use KDE since version 4.2 and I love it.
    You just don't forget that you're free to use any DE that you want, so stop mocking around.

Quote Originally Posted by kokoko3k View Post
    @funkstar:
    even in my ignore list, i can read your irrelevant posts because others quotes you, how bad
    Yeah… I'm considering adding everyone to my ignore list who's stupid enough to answer to him…

Quote Originally Posted by Shabahang View Post
    @funkSTAR
    Okay, KDE it's a fucked up DE ever. BTW, is there anyone force you to use KDE? (maybe Lamar Smith?). I use KDE since version 4.2 and I love it.
    You just don't forget that you're free to use any DE that you want, so stop mocking around.
    If funkSTAR wouldn't post his opinions, KDE developers could think that everybody thinks that KDE and its developers are doing everything right.

I just updated to 4.10 and it's the most beautiful desktop I've ever seen! Thanks a lot KDE developers.

Quote Originally Posted by TemplarGR View Post
    KDE is not without problems, but at least they have a clear focus on the desktop.
    Yeah, I really don't understand why pretty much everyone else is incapable of creating UI technology that adapts to the formfactor and instead opts for hybrid approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by TemplarGR View Post
    What i find lacking in KDE is Kwin. It's performance could be much improved. The GUI completely stalls after heavy I/O access, unlike the GNOME Shell. I believe the XCB support will help, we shall see. Other than that KDE is finally really stable and with plenty of features.
    Unlike GS or Unity which went the totally retarded way of being written as plugin for a specific WM, Plasma Desktop runs just fine using Mutter or whatever. You'll lose a few transparency effects which rely on KWin but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlerson View Post
    Yes, KDE is not without problems. Personally, I would like them to hide or remove some barely used options like the ones we see in the Desktop Settings. It's too much complicated in my opinion. It's even worse when we set Folder View as a default.
    If you want a DE that removes configuration options, you are wrong in the KDE camp. Some distro may change the defaults to be closer to your taste, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JS987 View Post
    If funkSTAR wouldn't post his opinions, KDE developers could think that everybody thinks that KDE and its developers are doing everything right.
    Softwares always came with bugs and it's the nature of all softwares. KDE doesn't exempt this, but I can see that these bugs are fixing more and more in every version.

can't wait to get home to emerge kde 4.10, for pure fun ofc because kde 4.8 and superior have been rock solid for me in gentoo.

i admit tho that kde is a second class citizen in ubuntu derivates but arch/gentoo/sabayon/opensuse and the likes always offers KDE as its meant and normally much more stable than ubuntu derivates(at least until k/ubuntu 11.10)