Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Wayland Works For Nintendo Gamecube Emulator

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Not related to this article, but how does Wayland handle multiple screens in "clone mode" with different subpixel geometries?

    If the client is responsible for antialising and subpixel rendering or some kind of transfor, if you have different kind of monitors connected to your graphics card or some kind of transformation on one of them, the image will be fucked up for one of them.

    Rendering performed by clients should be abstracted from output devices (the way postscript is for printers) and actual rendering should happen on the server.

    There's a reason X11 is complex, and I'm growing less convinced that Wayland is a good solution for Linux graphics.
    Last edited by newwen; 02-18-2013 at 10:26 AM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newwen View Post
    Not related to this article, but how does Wayland handle multiple screens in "clone mode" with different subpixel geometries?

    If the client is responsible for antialising and subpixel rendering or some kind of transfor, if you have different kind of monitors connected to your graphics card or some kind of transformation on one of them, the image will be fucked up for one of them.

    Rendering performed by clients should be abstracted from output devices (the way postscript is for printers) and actual rendering should happen on the server.

    There's a reason X11 is complex, and I'm growing less convinced that Wayland is a good solution for Linux graphics.
    There is no clone mode at the moment and I hope they handle it differently than x11. I just like to have a window with the same resolution of the external output on the first output. This would be much saner.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giselher View Post
    There is no clone mode at the moment and I hope they handle it differently than x11. I just like to have a window with the same resolution of the external output on the first output. This would be much saner.
    So rame image but not nesseserely the same resolution (black border)?
    This sounds a bit like how KDE is planning to do it. You should be able to get it with Xorg to if you just specify the position of the screens to be on the same x,y

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJenbo View Post
    So rame image but not nesseserely the same resolution (black border)?
    This sounds a bit like how KDE is planning to do it. You should be able to get it with Xorg to if you just specify the position of the screens to be on the same x,y
    I was actually thinking about different images/workspaces on the different outputs just with a window where we can see the other output. Also this window should be special, so that we can drag&drop other windows into it and move the windows in the window of the other output (this should be possible because there is input redirection in wayland/weston which was impossible for x11). I hope you get what I mean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •