Thread: OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

Default OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

OpenMW 0.21.0 has been released that provides a number of fixes for this open-source game engine that seeks to re-implement support for Elderscrolls III: Morrowind...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMwNzQ

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

OpenMW 0.21.0 has been released that provides a number of fixes for this open-source game engine that seeks to re-implement support for Elderscrolls III: Morrowind...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMwNzQ
    I'm excited about this one, and I hope it gets completed soon. Unfortunately for me, it's crash-happy when I toggle collision on.

Soon....

That's damn fine work, doing Bethesda's work for us! I wonder if any of this work can be re-used for Oblivion, Fallouts and maybe even Skyrim? All in good time maybe =D Either way, I miss how the Dark Elves had gravelly voices. Sad how they sound like humans now.

If I buy Morrowind, will I be able to complete it by using OpenMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    If I buy Morrowind, will I be able to complete it by using OpenMW?
    From what I can tell, not as of yet, I've not seen a way out of the sandboxed environment used to test it.

However Morrowind+ expansions play quite well in wine even with my crappy old gear of an Athlon46 3500+ 8800GTS (G80 core) 320Mb and a measly 2Gb of ram.

So do as I did, and grab a torrent, there are plenty of them out there with 100+ peers.

As someone who has poked around inside the Oblivion engine I can say that it will be a MAJOR task to clone, even with OpenMW as a base.