Thread: Benchmarking The Google Nexus With Ubuntu

Default Benchmarking The Google Nexus With Ubuntu

Phoronix: Benchmarking The Google Nexus With Ubuntu

Tests are running full-speed this weekend on benchmarking the performance of the brand new Ubuntu Touch/Tablet Developer Preview with the Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices. Here's a preview with some initial findings from performance testing these mobile ARM devices using Ubuntu Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMxMDU

Yes, please include Nexus 4!!! I've been browsing Phoronix w/o ad-blocker for years now. Hope this helps, as your site is the only site I have my ad-blocker turned off for. In its marketing, the Qualcomm Krait (Snapdragon S4) is often compared to the new ARM A15 core; however, many of my tests show strange performance anomalies with the Krait processor... (ie. on some workloads, it can run slower than a Tegra 3). It'd be very interesting to see if this really turns out to be the case in your more thorough testing!
    Last edited by gururise; 02-23-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Oh yes, I can play Nova with my Nexus 10 charged and plugged in, and still end up with 50% battery left. USB2 doesn't provide enough juice.

Michael,
    the wireless issue might be related to network manager, its the single reason why i use wicd, nm cant handle long hours of download/upload, never could(for me anyways).

Cheers

So I turned off my AdBlocker for Phoronix, but I still can't see any ads, instead I see 4 "click here for flash nonsense" banners. I definitely won't allow flash for anything ad related. Does it still help to see the empty flash banners? Probably not.
    I think I'll keep the Ads blocked and since I didn't find a way to donate, maybe I'll occasionally buy the 3 Months subscription...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    So I turned off my AdBlocker for Phoronix, but I still can't see any ads, instead I see 4 "click here for flash nonsense" banners. I definitely won't allow flash for anything ad related. Does it still help to see the empty flash banners? Probably not.
    I think I'll keep the Ads blocked and since I didn't find a way to donate, maybe I'll occasionally buy the 3 Months subscription...
    There is a PayPal donate link shown directly in the article...

Youre right I didn't remember that when I reached the end of the article and looked for it on the rest of the page. Am I too stupid to find it or is it just not there?

Youre right I didn't remember that when I reached the end of the article and looked for it on the rest of the page. Am I too stupid to find it or is it just not there?
    "If you are interested in seeing Nexus 4 benchmarks too or other ARM hardware thrown into the mix, please consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium or making a PayPal tip."

Yeah I already found the one in the article after your first answer. Initially I looked on the rest of the Website, everything except the article and I didn't find one. My question was, is there a prominent donation link somewhere or just in this article?

I think firefox blocks Flash by default now if you have 10.2 or earlier.