Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Running Mesa 9.2-devel + LLVM 3.3 SVN With The R600 Back-End

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,548

    Default Running Mesa 9.2-devel + LLVM 3.3 SVN With The R600 Back-End

    Phoronix: Running Mesa 9.2-devel + LLVM 3.3 SVN With The R600 Back-End

    The last time I extensively tested the AMD Radeon Gallium3D LLVM shader compiler back-end was last April. Since then the R600 LLVM back-end has matured quite a lot with new features and was merged into upstream LLVM. In the past few days I carried out some new tests on several different graphics cards using Mesa Git master of the R600 Gallium3D open-source graphics driver.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18510

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russe, Bulgaria
    Posts
    505

    Default

    In the next tests, include Vadim's back-end for r600g.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default comparison against the regular backend

    Would be useful to see how LLVM compares against the conventional backend.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Compiler influence on nexuiz and Doom3 are negligible (they are not shader bound), and I suspect this extend to any ioquake3 / doom3 engine powered benchmark.
    I personnaly use Unigine Heaven 3.0 and Lightmark 2008 2.0 to measure performance of compiler.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vljn View Post
    I personnaly use Unigine Heaven 3.0 and Lightmark 2008 2.0 to measure performance of compiler.
    Same here. Lightmark is pretty reliable.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vljn View Post
    Compiler influence on nexuiz and Doom3 are negligible (they are not shader bound), and I suspect this extend to any ioquake3 / doom3 engine powered benchmark.
    I personnaly use Unigine Heaven 3.0 and Lightmark 2008 2.0 to measure performance of compiler.
    I don't know why Michael refuses to use better tests than he does.

    Add in a WINE test, a Valve Source engine test, and Unigine, and you'd get 3 distinctly different engines apart from the Id engine he relies almost exclusively on. They'd all probably be bound on very different things performance-wise.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    I don't know why Michael refuses to use better tests than he does.

    Add in a WINE test, a Valve Source engine test, and Unigine, and you'd get 3 distinctly different engines apart from the Id engine he relies almost exclusively on. They'd all probably be bound on very different things performance-wise.
    Or more demanding Trine 2 and Serious Sam 3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •