Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDE 4.10.1 Brings Bug-Fixes To Plasma, Kontact, KWin

Quote Originally Posted by funkSTAR View Post
    KDE = Qts bitch
    gnome = not MONOs bitch

Funkstar = pro gnome
    Yeah, Gnome just hates Mono. That must be why they based their own programming language on C#. That makes perfect sense.

So I'm updating to KDE 4.10.1 right now and I'm impressed to find that it's about 14MB smaller. That's pretty good for a minor update, and IIRC, going from 4.9 to 4.10 also reduced the size by a couple dozen MB. Keep it up KDE devs, this code cleanup is exactly what KDE needs. There's still a ways to go until it's not so bloated but so far every update I've ever had seemed to have improvements I enjoyed, aside from the occasional breakage of config files.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    So I'm updating to KDE 4.10.1 right now and I'm impressed to find that it's about 14MB smaller. That's pretty good for a minor update, and IIRC, going from 4.9 to 4.10 also reduced the size by a couple dozen MB. Keep it up KDE devs, this code cleanup is exactly what KDE needs. There's still a ways to go until it's not so bloated but so far every update I've ever had seemed to have improvements I enjoyed, aside from the occasional breakage of config files.
    I love KDE and think they are doing a terrific job. I'm not so concerned with the size of the program, but how useful and eligant it performs it's tasks. Of course if someone is trying to stuff it on a 4gb sd-card for the Rasperberry pi, they have my sympathy.