Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Ubuntu SDK Looks Towards Qt Creator

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funkSTAR View Post
    Aint gonna happen. Unlike copyleft software Canonical can get all the shit they need from Qt. Because Qt is commercial, have DRM and a whack boon squad supporting all this craziness. These idiots like CLA, DRM, commercial shit and iOS.
    http://qt.gitorious.org/
    Can you point to the source files and/or lines that have anything to do with digital rights management?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    Why should they write their own IDE from scratch?
    Because that's what they do. See Mir. And yes, I was being sarcastic.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Because that's what they do. See Mir. And yes, I was being sarcastic.
    I am aware of Mir. Phoronix community seems like one huge circlejerk. Never mind the facts or pragmatism. Just bash in unison anything that are not the way they want it to be.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    I am aware of Mir. Phoronix community seems like one huge circlejerk. Never mind the facts or pragmatism. Just bash in unison anything that are not the way they want it to be.
    It was sarcastic FFS

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    http://qt.gitorious.org/
    Can you point to the source files and/or lines that have anything to do with digital rights management?
    I too would be interested in those lines/segments.
    I assume funkSTAR has done a thorough review of Qt's source code, so it should be very easy for him to poinpoint the offending lines (or segments), unless of course, he didn't actually review it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j2723 View Post
    I too would be interested in those lines/segments.
    I assume funkSTAR has done a thorough review of Qt's source code, so it should be very easy for him to poinpoint the offending lines (or segments), unless of course, he didn't actually review it.
    From what i gather, funky is mad that someone once made an application with DRM that happened to use Qt?

    I'm pretty sure people have done that with GTK, too... Sorry, funky.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    From what i gather, funky is mad that someone once made an application with DRM that happened to use Qt?

    I'm pretty sure people have done that with GTK, too... Sorry, funky.
    I think he is arguing about the multi-licensing and business pactice of Trolltech (and now Digia), which allows companies to add DRM to proprietary versions of Qt.
    We are, however, using the GPL version on the desktop, not some proprietary modified Qt.

    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...ement/page3#29
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...ement/page4#36
    Last edited by j2723; 03-07-2013 at 12:56 AM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    293

    Default

    QTCreator is the closest thing Linux has to visual studio and the only sane option for writing C++ if you don't fancy vim.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    From what i gather, funky is mad that someone once made an application with DRM that happened to use Qt?
    I think that he is outraged that there are some people out there who, at some time, have used software which was not primarily funded and written by RedHat.

    That's why he goes after anybody who doesn't use SystemD, PulseAudio, GNOME, GCC, etc.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    I think that he is outraged that there are some people out there who, at some time, have used software which was not primarily funded and written by RedHat.

    That's why he goes after anybody who doesn't use SystemD, PulseAudio, GNOME, GCC, etc.
    Well being non-evil like redhat is fine. However I would praise Intel more right now. They are commiting to levels where redhat dont go. Hardware, Valve etc. Im sorry if caring about sustainable freedom pisses u off. But hey you can just fuck off to iOS or the like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •