Thread: XFX 5770 and Eyefinity w/3 LCD's

Hybrid View

Default XFX 5770 and Eyefinity w/3 LCD's

Ok I am new to Linux and have been trying with not much success to get Eyefinity to work. I have followed several threads and tutorials and can't get my XFX 5770 GPU to push my 3 LCD's.

The end result is always either a black screen or boot-up to login and then a blank desktop with no icons. Can anyone shed some light onto this and maybe a good tutorial? I am trying all of this on 12.10 64-bit

thanks

theDogger

I guess the first question is how the monitors are connected. The GPUs can usually drive two DVI/VGA/HDMI connectors and anything past that has to be DP.

Well the standard setup 2-DVI's and a DP. Works great under Win7 Can use all 3 LCD independently of as one for gaming...

theDogger

OK, thanks. AFAIK that should "just work" with the open source drivers. Not sure about Catalyst but I thought it supported Eyefinity as well.

Which driver are you using for Linux, and does it work OK if you run with only one or two displays ?

Ok again I am fresh to Linux/Ubuntu, so I will tell you what I have done and the results. I am doing a Dual boot with Win7, install goes without issue. Upon first login 2 of the 3 LCD's are active and they mirror each other. When I go to the display settings I have no option to turn the mirroring off. So I D/L the ATI drivers and install them. Reboot and either boot to the login screen and after logging in the desktop is black or all the icon's are missing.

I have tried to follow some tutorials on YT with no success...
    theDogger

Question

Anyone?