Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Default XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    Last edited by mark45; 03-10-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    Yea, that's always a pain.

Amen to this. Pretty much every fullscreen game fucks up. Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.

+1 to this

Default Does anyone else wonder

If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

Quote Originally Posted by david_lynch View Post
    If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?
    What the hell are you talking about, all the currently available code for Mir is public.

Quote Originally Posted by david_lynch View Post
    Why would they do the coding then? Mir's repo has code going back months

Quote Originally Posted by Micket View Post
    Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.
    From what I can tell, that's because they never scale down the resolution, they just scale up the viewport to match the native one instead.

Cool

Yeah, frak you Mir!