Quote Originally Posted by Figueiredo View Post
Well, as far as I know, KH is the one reviewing patches to be merged, and he is employed by intel specifically to work on wayland isn't he? There is no public evidence that I know of that ARM patches have been rejected, I'm just considering that intel might use the control it has over wayland development and the better open driver to better position itself against ARM vendors. Obviously if such patches were to be indeed rejected, canonical would still be able to fork wayland. But that would put us right where we are today.
This is all a pretty big stretch without any evidence. I seriously doubt Intel has all that much power over all of Wayland's contributors.

I also don't know very well the licenses of wayland and mir, maybe someone can enlighten me. However, it is possible that mir is license wise more friendly toward blobs (which are much more common) than wayland.
I would actually say Wayland is friendlier than Mir (MIT versus CLA'd GPL).

Is intel friendly towards OSS, not doubt! But if they were really willing to listen to the community and help support other hardware vendors, they would have switched to gallium a long time ago wouldn't they?
That is more of a technical argument than a political one.