Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: Ubuntu Unity Existed Before The GNOME Shell?

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexThunder View Post
    Indeed. Whether a project actually ships or not surely is the least important thing in software development. They must have gone nuts.
    At least you have, it seems...

  2. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexThunder View Post
    Even you shift between two criteria randomly.
    This is not true. I have never shifted. One side has presented an objective criteria to evaluate it which is the date of origin of the repository and you have never presented any alternative. Since you are unable or unwilling to present an alternative, you have failed to convince anybody else in this thread.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    have never presented any alternative
    No matter how I put it, you won't get it.

    This is getting hilarious

    What if I told you, every possible alternative is just as nonsense as the current way?

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    This is not true. I have never shifted. One side has presented an objective criteria to evaluate it which is the date of origin of the repository and you have never presented any alternative. Since you are unable or unwilling to present an alternative, you have failed to convince anybody else in this thread.
    Indeed. You think he would have just dropped the damn thing by now.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
    This I say when you consider that basically, Unity and GNOME Shell are interfaces for Netbooks (and Tablets)
    Netbooks, yes. Tablets, not so much, at least the last time I tried it. Try using scrollbars on Ubuntu Unity with touch, or navigating without a keyboard. Not a pleasant experience.

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexThunder View Post
    What if I told you, every possible alternative is just as nonsense as the current way?
    You seem alone in that notion since you have failed to convince anyone else and your unsubstantiated claim that I am wavering questions your credibility as well.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    You seem alone in that notion since you have failed to convince anyone else and your unsubstantiated claim that I am wavering questions your credibility as well.
    For my argumentation being a failure you colleague was pretty quick in agreeing that this concept is at least "slippy". In contrast to you, he didn't deny that, but made this a specific case.

    Since pointing at the previous points of the discussion seems to be asked for too much for you and having to make several attempts until you finally got what I'm after, I'm not too surprised you're not convinced yet.

    You're now trying to avoid this with questioning my credbility. Sure you have some examples where I came up with false facts, which back this accusation ... do you?

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexThunder View Post
    For my argumentation being a failure you colleague was pretty quick in agreeing that this concept is at least "slippy". In contrast to you, he didn't deny that, but made this a specific case.

    Since pointing at the previous points of the discussion seems to be asked for too much for you and having to make several attempts until you finally got what I'm after, I'm not too surprised you're not convinced yet.

    You're now trying to avoid this with questioning my credbility. Sure you have some examples where I came up with false facts, which back this accusation ... do you?
    You haven't come up with -any- facts yet. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada. You disputed facts that were presented and then didnt provide any of your own.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby229 View Post
    You haven't come up with -any- facts yet.
    That's correct, but not what was asked for.

    But if it's all about facts, what facts were brought up which actually prove that the concept of dating the start of existence of a software project makes sense at all? And btw. which facts did I question?

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Stop feeding the troll people...

    It is obvious that Phoronix and other opensource sites/forums are "under attack" from Canonical PR/fanbois. I have seen it all over the web. They won't accept facts because... well they won't! Let us hope a few years from now when Ubuntu will have failed miserably things like this will be a thing of the past...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •