Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 141

Thread: GNOME Will Move Full-Speed With Wayland Support

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    They changed their minds on compiz. It happens in corporations. People go in a direction and then the boss says 180 degrees everybody. It's inefficient but that is how companies work.
    You realize that this was a community developer who did this in his free time, not some paid developer?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Mcann is a software developer not a trained designer.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    They changed their minds on compiz. It happens in corporations. People go in a direction and then the boss says 180 degrees everybody. It's inefficient but that is how companies work.
    But they did know it earlier, Feature Freeze for Pangalon was a good weak ago. So they knew that at least weeks earlier if not months. I think they just wanted to have all options as long as possible. So if they get not dont what they did work on, they could just stay on the compiz weagon for now. And then because they knew earlier that they will not use it, they just slept a few weeks just dont caring about the work this guy makes only for ubuntu.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    He did work for Canonical for a while but that is not the point. The only ones still using Compiz were Canonical and at some point they changed their minds and stopped supporting it considering it good enough. So they no longer accepted his performance patches. It happens even if they previously said they will support compiz. They changed their minds.
    Have you even read the article about that process? They didn't stop to accept his patches because they think that Compiz is good enough, they did stop because accepting patches from community developers is no longer part of their vision. they have this vision at least for 9 months, the time they secretly started to develop Mir, but just didn't care to tell that anyone. So basically this guy developed the last four months to contribute to Ubuntu, to make it actually better, although Canonical already knew that they won't accept his work anyways.
    This is a behavior that really pisses of the community and although they state otherwise, Ubuntu would cease to exist without that community. Basically they cutted one of their legs because their head thinks "Hey, I am up here, what do I need legs for?" This will seriously backfire for Canonical, as you can see that more and more community projects simply don't want to support them anymore.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    some more bla bla
    You're quite a post machine

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!
    Fuck you?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    =They didn't stop to accept his patches because they think that Compiz is good enough, they did stop because accepting patches from community developers is no longer part of their vision. they have this vision at least for 9 months, the time they secretly started to develop Mir, but just didn't care to tell that anyone. So basically this guy developed the last four months to contribute to Ubuntu, to make it actually better, although Canonical already knew that they won't accept his work anyways.
    Is this your opinion or do you have some citations to go with that, because I'd like to read the facts surrounding this.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intellivision View Post
    Is this your opinion or do you have some citations to go with that, because I'd like to read the facts surrounding this.
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTMyMTc
    Ubuntu wasnít going to take my patches because they donít want to take community patches on compiz anymore.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    512

    Default

    So we have one quote from the developer and nothing from the party accused?
    There has to be more to this than that. Got any more info lying around?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •