Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment's Terminal Brings In Fancy Features

Default Enlightenment's Terminal Brings In Fancy Features

Phoronix: Enlightenment's Terminal Brings In Fancy Features

Terminology 0.3 has been released, which is the Enlightenment project's own terminal emulator built atop EFL (Enlightenment Foundation Library) components. Terminology is written from scratch and with its v0.3 release it boasts some truly original and innovative features for this terminal emulator. There's embedded support for previewing videos/images and other new inline capabilities...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzNjY

I gotta admit, while I tend to stray from gimmicky things, some of these features are downright handy, and the visuals are nice too.

Terminology looks like a great desktop environment. It only lacks a decent terminal emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by werdanith View Post
    Terminology looks like a great desktop environment. It only lacks a decent terminal emulator.
    Another evil user, if u know what I mean .

If only rasterman loved the file manager as much as terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by werdanith View Post
    +1

It looks fun to watch, but this "kind" of features excluding tyls ("tyled list"), I don't see any benefit of them.

Anyway, it is really refreshing to see a new approach for the issue that a lot of people would want to solve. Maybe it will be the starting point for a Total Commander like on Linux that have a better visuals and better integration with video playback, pictures and such.

I like the image and video previews. But I use i3, so I get annoyed when applications do their own tiling and tabbing. If a user likes that part of Terminology, he'll quickly want to bring another application into one of those tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ciplogic View Post
    +1

It looks fun to watch, but this "kind" of features excluding tyls ("tyled list"), I don't see any benefit of them.

Anyway, it is really refreshing to see a new approach for the issue that a lot of people would want to solve. Maybe it will be the starting point for a Total Commander like on Linux that have a better visuals and better integration with video playback, pictures and such.
    The split mode and the tabs are good features IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    If only rasterman loved the file manager as much as terminology.
    That is your new file manager...

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    The split mode and the tabs are good features IMO.
    If you haven't already you should look into terminal multiplexers, screen/tmux/byobu. Lots of features, can run in the background and get accessed from multiple machines with ssh.