Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ZFS On Linux Is Now Set For "Wide Scale Deployment"

Quote Originally Posted by killing BSD View Post
    Linux is an awesome piece of marvelous enginnering and is free and open source.
    ZFS is a piece of shit and is not true technology and also, it's proprietary. RETARD

We don't we ZFS on Linux, Those who say BTRFS is still unstable or whine about it are proprietary sluts. BTRFS will and is now kicking ZFSucks' gay ass to the moon.

Full Stop.
    What is with the stupid trolling? It's honestly hardly even worth posting/reading forum threads on Phoronix with the quantity of this kind of nonsense that seems to go on here. It's not even quality trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by pdffs View Post
    What is with the stupid trolling? It's honestly hardly even worth posting/reading forum threads on Phoronix with the quantity of this kind of nonsense that seems to go on here. It's not even quality trolling.
    Forget it, this one has already shown that he is actually to dumb to do anything right, not even being a Phoronix troll.

Quote Originally Posted by pdffs View Post
    Having such comments made is an important project milestone. It means we are doing something right.

Yeah Linux is great step for the technology and i appreciate those guy who make the Linux..How much money is required to get the license of the Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by tadi555 View Post
    Yeah Linux is great step for the technology and i appreciate those guy who make the Linux..How much money is required to get the license of the Linux?
    All of the money.

Default Benchmarks

@Michael: Can you please do some benchmarks with the new zfs code. I would be interested to see the performance between ext4/btrfs/zfs.
    Also if you could include OpenSolaris for a native zfs comparison that would be peaches

Quote Originally Posted by mo0n_sniper View Post
    @Michael: Can you please do some benchmarks with the new zfs code. I would be interested to see the performance between ext4/btrfs/zfs.
    Also if you could include OpenSolaris for a native zfs comparison that would be peaches
    It would be better to use OmniOS in place of Open Solaris.

I would love to see Linux adopting ZFS as 'standard'; I though free/open source was all about merithocracy...

It would be good if the linux installers would include some sort of zfs support.
    You install the zfs package on the running install media, then you are able to partition and install to zfs. This way the zfs is not provided in the install media and no patent issues arise.

I was trying to do this with a fedora 18 live install but it's not very straight forward.

The community should be able to help you with recovery.