Thread: Ivy Bridge Doesn't Change Much With Modern Kernels

Default Ivy Bridge Doesn't Change Much With Modern Kernels

Phoronix: Ivy Bridge Doesn't Change Much With Modern Kernels

For those wondering whether Intel "Ivy Bridge" hardware is still being made faster with each succeeding Linux kernel release, here are benchmarks from an Intel Ultrabook looking at the Ivy Bridge performance on recent kernel releases going up to the yet-to-be-out Linux 3.9 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzOTI

Intel we are dissapoint

signed: all your costumers

the proprietary windows drivers are so much better... and now 15 trolls start saying "linux drivers are perfect" let me just put it this way

with ivy bridge I saw people playing bf4 and black ops 2 in windows with nothing but hd4000

in linux it plays tf2 and it stutters

Quote Originally Posted by Pallidus View Post
    Intel we are dissapoint

the proprietary windows drivers are so much better... and now 15 trolls start saying "linux drivers are perfect" let me just put it this way

with ivy bridge I saw people playing bf4 and black ops 2 in windows with nothing but hd4000

If you want to play "modern" games or use Blender Cycles GPU accel, Nvidia is the only option at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallidus View Post
    Intel we are dissapoint

So enlighten us what kernel specific optimizations Intel should make for IVB gen hardware that aren't there, or aren't worked on right now???

GPU driver performance is complex problem, and bottlenecks can be located in many places.

Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    So enlighten us what kernel specific optimizations Intel should make for IVB gen hardware that aren't there, or aren't worked on right now???

GPU driver performance is complex problem, and bottlenecks can be located in many places.
    I don't think it is a matter of bottlenecks. Intel's windows driver doesnt render everything. Just look at screenshot comparisons. The image quality for Intel screenshots is horrible compared to AMD or nvidia. Intels windows driver is simply doing less work.
    Last edited by duby229; 03-31-2013 at 01:33 PM.