Thread: Garry's Mod Being Released For Linux Today

Hybrid View

Default Garry's Mod Being Released For Linux Today

Phoronix: Garry's Mod Being Released For Linux Today

The popular "Garry's Mod" sandbox physics game built atop Valve's Source Engine is expected to be introduced to Linux gamers today...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM0MDI

Dude it was an april fools, try fact checking at least a little before posting it right up...he said 4 hours ago it wasn't real and you still posted it up??

Liam of GamingOnLinux.com

April Fools!!

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    Dude it was an april fools, try fact checking at least a little before posting it right up...he said 4 hours ago it wasn't real and you still posted it up??

Did it occur to you that Michael may have intentionally perpetuated the story knowing it was an April fools joke? Personally it is one I find in poor taste as someone who has purchased the game already and has been looking forward to playing it since the Steam for Linux beta was announced. But none the less I also find your incessant jabs at Michael, in a thinly veiled attempt to advertise your own news site, to be in equally poor taste. Every time I see you do it it makes me want to view your site a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Did it occur to you that Michael may have intentionally perpetuated the story knowing it was an April fools joke? Personally it is one I find in poor taste as someone who has purchased the game already and has been looking forward to playing it since the Steam for Linux beta was announced. But none the less I also find your incessant jabs at Michael, in a thinly veiled attempt to advertise your own news site, to be in equally poor taste. Every time I see you do it it makes me want to view your site a little less.
    M already reported on Half Life 4 as an April Fools attempted.

Edit > It was hardly poor taste, it was amusing, I think you need a thicker skin buddy.

Feel free to view my site a little less, I don't care you sound very petty.

Oh and....Liam of GamingOnLinux.com

M already reported on Half Life 4 as an April Fools attempted.

Feel free to view my site a little less, I don't care you sound very petty.

Oh and....Liam of GamingOnLinux.com
    I would if I could, but that would imply that I bothered to view it at all in the first place.

Great job on the PR skills btw. You kind of remind me of one of those little fish that swim along the belly of a shark hoping to pick up some scraps along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    I would if I could, but that would imply that I bothered to view it at all in the first place.

Great job on the PR skills btw. You kind of remind me of one of those little fish that swim along the belly of a shark hoping to pick up some scraps along the way.
    Forgetting your own words now are we?

makes me want to view your site a little less
    You said that before, meaning you visit it and now will do less....so yes it does seem like you "bothered" to view it in the first place.

Either way this is descending into stupidity, I don't need PR, my website is mostly a hobby, you aren't the first to say you won't visit and you won't be the last, i'm just having a little fun

Also the whole reason I made my first comment was to show mainly this:
    he said 4 hours ago it wasn't real and you still posted it up
    M posted it after Gary already said it wasn't real...and did his usual linking to other Phoronix articles where he said about GMod coming to get more views...

Anyways before we start trading more insults, have a good day
    Last edited by liamdawe; 04-01-2013 at 03:56 PM.

I agree. I think you are being a bit harsh on Michael. How do you know he didn't post it as an April Fool's joke? Please relax..

Quote Originally Posted by gururise View Post
    I agree. I think you are being a bit harsh on Michael. How do you know he didn't post it as an April Fool's joke? Please relax..
    Sorry mate but I stand by my comment 100%, Gary the creator of GMod tweeted it was a joke hours before Phoronix posted this up, it's not an April fools...if it is then it's a bad attempt at one considering:
    a) the author Gary already said it wasn't real before this "news" post was made
    and
    b) Phoronix already posted up an April fools earlier...

So yeah.

b) Phoronix already posted up an April fools earlier...
    Slashdot posted about 6 April fools news items. Is Phoronix only limited to one? Either way, you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is, you were being overly harsh on Michael.. I enjoy reading both of your sites by the way.