Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also eager for UVD 2.0 support

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
    Since I have an HD3200M/RS780 chip, I'm eager to hear about UVD2.0 support.
    Particularly annoying is how the "Radeon Feature Matrix" page claims that UVD is Done for R7xx, when it clearly isn't for RV770 and RV790 owners.

Comment

Status of UVD on RV770/RV790 ?

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      Particularly annoying is how the "Radeon Feature Matrix" page claims that UVD is Done for R7xx, when it clearly isn't for RV770 and RV790 owners.
      What's the status of this ?
      Is there news since http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...il/036875.html ?

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        Indeed, would be nice to know if there is any progress on this and RS780/880 support for UVD.

Comment

One small update...

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          The Xorg feature matrix now includes this footnote:
          DONE for RV710, RV730, RV740, TODO for RV770, RS780/880, R6xx

Comment

News for old UVD owners, posted today: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/051584.html

Hi,

The code for the first generation UVD blocks (RV6xx, RS780, RS880 and
            RV790) is already implemented and I'm only waiting for the OK to release it.

The only problem is that I don't know if and when we are getting this OK
            for release. Maybe tomorrow, maybe never. It just doesn't has a high
            priority for the reviewer because we don't really sell that old hardware
            any more.

Cheers,
            Christian.
            Michael, your autobot missed this

Comment

That's so awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                News for old UVD owners, posted today: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/051584.html

Hi,

The code for the first generation UVD blocks (RV6xx, RS780, RS880 and
                RV790) is already implemented and I'm only waiting for the OK to release it.

The only problem is that I don't know if and when we are getting this OK
                for release. Maybe tomorrow, maybe never. It just doesn't has a high
                priority for the reviewer because we don't really sell that old hardware
                any more.

Cheers,
                Christian.
                Michael, your autobot missed this
                Mr. K?nig should have a look at what actually is sold. There are still plenty of boards with 7XX and 8XX chipsets out there, sold in masses. And he should take a lesson in marketing (actually, most people at AMD should). This is basically saying: "Hey, we deprecated your stuff, why should we give that any priorities now anymore? Go fuck yourself, buy something new!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                  Mr. K?nig should have a look at what actually is sold. There are still plenty of boards with 7XX and 8XX chipsets out there, sold in masses. And he should take a lesson in marketing (actually, most people at AMD should). This is basically saying: "Hey, we deprecated your stuff, why should we give that any priorities now anymore? Go fuck yourself, buy something new!"
                  That's not the entire story. The hw changed significantly between those hw versions and the security implications on that version of the hardware need to be reviewed which is the main reason the review is taking so long. It's the same thing we had to do for newer versions of the hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                    Please don't promote using marketing speak over telling the truth.

Comment

Also, if it turns out that we can't securely release UVD on those asics we may not be able to. Blame DRM. We never said we would release UVD on all asics, we said we look at the possibility of releasing support if we could do it securely.

Comment

Working...
                      X