Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedora 19 Alpha Gets Its First Delay Due To UEFI

Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    HAHAHA! Fedora is crashing and burning again! Nice to see Ubuntu keeping to its schedule while these fedora programming gods keep failing. Ubuntu > Fedora anytime anywhere.
    What are you, 3 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    It can be done but someone has to volunteer to do it. Personally, I wouldn't mind trying but I have a lot of work piled up for the next release which is close to an alpha release and I am already behind on the set of things I want to do.
    That's understandable. It surprises me though no one has volunteered.

Quote Originally Posted by bwat47 View Post
    I don't see much point in someone wasting time getting gnome 3.8 in f18 when f19 is slated to come out in about a month... Its not like you have to wait 6 months for f19. And I doubt f19 will get continually delayed like 18 was, since they aren't doing anything crazy like re-writing the installer with this release.
    A feasible release date for stable Fedora 19 is July 15th. That's 92 days out. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...o+july+15+2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pallidus View Post
    and so it begins...

f19 is going to be another fail like f18... I bet 20e that the alpha will be delayed again in a weeks time
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquita1dez View Post
    f19 is going to be another fail like f18... I bet 20e that the alpha will be delayed again in a weeks time
    Ummm.... ?

Per original comment: What would you prefer broken OS released on time or working OS* released a couple of weeks (...) after the original release schedule?

- Gilboa
    * Actually, at least in my case (on 20+ machines), once you actually install it, F18 is quite stable. Granted, getting it installed was, err, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gilboa View Post
    Ummm.... ?
    Please don't quote spam bots...

Quote Originally Posted by gilboa View Post

Per original comment: What would you prefer broken OS released on time or working OS* released a couple of weeks (...) after the original release schedule?
    to me fedora 18 was a broken OS released a couple of MONTHS after the original release schedule.

I can name 5 people that switched distros because of f18... that's how bad it was, but alas I will run the alpha just to see how it stands but their management is quickly making this distro become irrelevant.

f19 released in 3 months... ahahhahaha

expect f19 released in late set. best case scenario

my money is on a oct/nov release

to me fedora 18 was a broken OS released a couple of MONTHS after the original release schedule.

I can name 5 people that switched distros because of f18... that's how bad it was, but alas I will run the alpha just to see how it stands but their management is quickly making this distro become irrelevant.

How much money? I'll take that bet.

and so it begins...

Post your patches instead of crying.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Please don't quote spam bots...
    I'd wait before calling someone a spam bot.
    Most likely it was a mistake.

- Gilboa

Nope, that is a spam bot. Name + only quoted posts, all with the same formula too (same icons after).

Given the nature of Fedora (bleeding edge distro), breakage is to be expected, so are delayed schedules.
    If you can't stand the occasional breakage or delayed schedules, don't use a bleeding edge distro. God knows there are many to choose from.

Beyond that, "their management"? You do understand that this is a community project, right?
    *You* as well as *I*, get to vote for the people who manage Fedora.
    As for "irreverent", well, we'll see about that. As it stands, Fedora 18 usage numbers are more-or-less in-line with Fedora 17.

- Gilboa