Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 178

Thread: Ouya Game Console Performance Is Disappointing

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarepusher View Post

    Programmer nerds these days are the most spineless pathetic people around - zero integrity, they don't believe in unions (so they are easily the boss' bitch and can be treated and exploited like a professional wrestler or somebody who doesn't enjoy any worker's protection), and generally what they are is socially maladjusted cowards that just want to disconnect from the world and 'not give a shit'. It's sad that people who are highly skilled workers are content with sweatshop working standard conditions from their employers. Time to grow a backbone and realize that 'competing with China/India' is going to end up very badly for your living standard - and these IT managers won't give a shit if you get taken down a few notches in that department - perpetual crunch time for all is their motto.
    Yeah, I'm spineless alright. I'm so spineless that I took up an internship with a company that requires me to familiarize myself with Microsoft technologies. And I'm so spineless because I decided that I actually like using Microsoft's software to get my work done and enjoying launch-day driver support to satisfy my desktop DIYing hobby that I switched over permanently to Windows, at least for the forseeable future.

    And I'm so spineless because being made to turn back on tinkering with Linux has actually allowed me to finally give money back to my parents after all these years.

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    I'm from Europe also you idiot. And you're a 14 years old socialist from what you say.
    If you're from Europe then what the hell do you care about the Boston bombings? You don't have a frame of reference about the Chechens anyway and who supported them - 'hint - Putin doesn't - never did - he has always been talking about Chechen terrorists while the west has been accusing him of 'fabricating' those terrorists - now how do you like these same guys blowing up the hand that fed them huh?'.

    Also - do you really think there is any room in the world left for an 'entrepreneur' from Europe? Seriously? Which country are you from if you don't mind me asking? Just so that I can properly gauge your ability to get your 'startup' to actually break even - I take it it's not Italy, Spain or Greece right now or you might be taking some serious crack...

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarepusher View Post
    Then you are a damn moron if you believe that - because this 'reducing the deficit' garbage is what is killing Europe right now.

    Really - step off your crackpot Ron Paul/Rand Paul Libertarian theories concerned with 'reducing the deficit' and all this claptrap - now if you're a Southerner I understand why you think like that but damn son - can't you aim a little higher than that garbage?

    BTW - if you want your 'Ron Paul/Rand Paul' President so badly - I have a suggestion for you - move over to Holland - we already have a 'Ron Paul/Rand Paul' government over here in control that believes in privatizing goddamn everything including your drinking water. And guess what their economic policies spell to the country? S-L-O-W DEATH.

    And people believe modernday Europe is ruled by 'socialism' - yeah right - perhaps Americans want to point Europe on a map again and start revisiting their ancient theories on Europe - what is 'sweeping' Europe right now is Republican far-right libertarian crackpot ideas concerning 'economics'. Socialism is not your problem right now in Europe - it is so far gone there is no socialism left - but fascist Libertarian crackpot ideals are.
    I'm not from Texas or Europe, so I can't answer for either one of them. And I'm DAMN sure not a follower of Ron Paul. I firmly believe in maintaining an unbeatable military force. Ron Paul would have the military dissolved if he had his way. And Rand Pauls economic policies are just retarded. I don't even need to get into that discussion. Most americans know just how stupid Rand Pauls economic policies are.

    It doesnt take a genius to get it. If you owe money you have to pay it back.... If you don't want to pay it back, then don't borrow it in the first place.

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby229 View Post

    It doesnt take a genius to get it. If you owe money you have to pay it back.... If you don't want to pay it back, then don't borrow it in the first place.
    Then why did the US under Hoover do a debt moratorium if you firmly believe in 'paying off the debt'?

    Look it up.

    There was also a ban on foreclosures in there for the duration of the current Depression at the time.

    Was Hoover a 'socialist' as well or did he just have 'common sense knowledge' and they weren't as drunk then on Libertian/conservative republican crackpot theories as they are now?

    How are you going to PAY OFF THE DEBT that the banks have imposed on the federal government when they have created QUADRILLIONS OF DERIVATIVES and they now want to put that on the backs of the working class people who had no part in these derivative frauds? Are you going to give them REAL MONEY for that speculative casino 'funny money' they made up and hyped up as 'tangible assets'? Are you going to 'reward criminals' for their wrongdoing and therefore running up the FEDERAL DEBT - thereby GUTTING the social safety net?

    This is just insanity. You CAN'T pay off the debts that the banks have run up.
    Last edited by Squarepusher; 04-22-2013 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    No socialism here in Europe for sure. Just look at France who just taxed the rich 90% so that every rich guy ran from that country in a couple of months. Absolutely no socialism here in Europe.
    I have a little nest egg. If counting that nest egg, I would be considered rich by socialist standards. Trust me I'm not rich. I work for a living. I still live paycheck to paycheck. But a socialist would have me burn through my savings just because it exists.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarepusher View Post
    Then why did the US under Hoover do a debt moratorium if you firmly believe in 'paying off the debt'?

    Look it up.

    There was also a ban on foreclosures in there for the duration of the current Depression at the time.

    Was Hoover a 'socialist' as well or did he just have 'common sense knowledge' and they weren't as drunk then on Libertian/conservative republican crackpot theories as they are now?

    How are you going to PAY OFF THE DEBT that the banks have imposed on the federal government when they have created QUADRILLIONS OF DERIVATIVES and they now want to put that on the backs of the working class people who had no part in these derivative frauds? Are you going to give them REAL MONEY for that speculative casino 'funny money' they made up and hyped up as 'tangible assets'? Are you going to 'reward criminals' for their wrongdoing and therefore running up the FEDERAL DEBT - thereby GUTTING the social safety net?

    This is just insanity. You CAN'T pay off the debts that the banks have run up.
    Fuck Hoover. Lets talk about right now.

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby229 View Post
    Fuck Hoover. Lets talk about right now.
    Yeah, let's talk about right now.

    Obama has let the fraudulent banks get away wth their fraudulent scams and has not lifted a finger.

    His answer instead is - gutting medicare. In fact, he has better ways to gut medicare than the Republicans do.

    How is 'gutting' medicare going to do jack shit all to 'reduce the deficit' when it's not even a DROP IN THE BUCKET compared to QUADRILLIONS OF DEBT (funny money -derivatives) that the banks have run up?

    Why do you 'fiscal conservatives' never want to point the finger at the banks when you talk about 'government deficits'? The reason your government has a 'deficit' is because the banks OWN THE POLITICIANS and they were ORDERED through BLACKMAIL to BAIL THEM OUT.

    If you are a fiscal conservative ranting and screaming about government debt while giving the banks a free pass, then not only do you not have any political judgment - you are cutting off your own throat to spite your own face.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarepusher View Post
    If you are a fiscal conservative ranting and screaming about government debt while giving the banks a free pass, then not only do you not have any political judgment - you are cutting off your own throat to spite your own face.
    So now you're criticizing Ron Paul for being consistent.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    You blame the banks when the clear offender is obviously social security. Look at how much. It's by far the biggest slice.

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby229 View Post
    You blame the banks when the clear offender is obviously social security. Look at how much. It's by far the biggest slice.
    Man, I need to get out of this thread.

    We have one Ron Paul nut in this thread.

    The other one is an ex-military fiscal conservative who thinks there's a bogeyman 'socialist' under every bed and thinks 'social security' is what is responsible for all the country's problems (note - he probably lives off his military Tri-care so what does he give a shit if the other people don't get their social security- right?.

    The other is a would-be wannabe entrepreneur presumably from France....

    This is a bad freakshow. The lunatics are running the insane asylum.

    Your average Phoronix poster = a Libertarian crackpot who listens to Rush Limbaugh for his sound ideas on 'economics'? Shoot me dead.
    Last edited by Squarepusher; 04-22-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •