Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intel Makes First Release Of Linux OpenCL Project

Default =)

Quote Originally Posted by airlied View Post
    he also called me a cancer, all from the safety of his mom's basement.

Dave.
    muaah, when i see mir destroy your work call me girl

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    So Intel comes up with another implementation of OpenCL (=actively fragments OpenCL development) and you accuse people that are opposed to it of fragmentation?
    That doesn't make sense at all.
    First off, there's nothing wrong or special with Intel doing it's own OpenCL implementation:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL...entation_dates

Secondly, while I completely agree that this specific effort is very wasteful, It's only 0.1 release and it's quite small. So if the Gallium3D devs are right and it's duplicating a lot of code, then it shouldn't be a whole lot of work working it into Gallium3D.

Besides, this is graphics we're talking about: Intel is competing against AMD and ARM on the SoC so it might make business sense for them to go solo.

After all, it's still LLVM (and not gcc) with a backend and as long as it's still FOSS...

Mind you LLVM is in the same sense a "fragmentation" of GCC. I think the competition has been doing good to both.

Quote Originally Posted by rikkinho View Post
    muaah, when i see mir destroy your work call me girl
    Oh, so you're just a Canonitroll. Now it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rikkinho View Post
    I do not live in the basement of my mother's house as you piece of shit, if you do not like to hear truths is your problem
    A n00b's "truth"?
    Stop barking here and read mesa.
    Quote Originally Posted by c117152 View Post
    First off, there's nothing wrong or special with Intel doing it's own OpenCL implementation:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL...entation_dates

Secondly, while I completely agree that this specific effort is very wasteful, It's only 0.1 release and it's quite small. So if the Gallium3D devs are right and it's duplicating a lot of code, then it shouldn't be a whole lot of work working it into Gallium3D.

Besides, this is graphics we're talking about: Intel is competing against AMD and ARM on the SoC so it might make business sense for them to go solo.

After all, it's still LLVM (and not gcc) with a backend and as long as it's still FOSS...

Mind you LLVM is in the same sense a "fragmentation" of GCC. I think the competition has been doing good to both.
    In my view this is very very simple story:
    Someone wrote an OpenCL lib as a hobby work and others think it's waste of time for a serious OpenCL lib.
    That's it.
    Last edited by zxy_thf; 04-17-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zxy_thf View Post
    A n00b's "truth"?
    Stop barking here and read mesa.

In my view this is very very simple story:
    Someone wrote an OpenCL lib as a hobby work and others think it's waste of time for a serious OpenCL lib.
    That's it.
    Well, you made me look. I wouldn't say hobby work:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/log/

It seems like the recent commits took a sizeable code and brought it up to specs and fixed a few bugs and such. Make your own conclusions, I personally don't know anything about OpenCL and couldn't care less about the politics