Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Wayland 1.1 Officially Released With Weston 1.1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,629

    Default Wayland 1.1 Officially Released With Weston 1.1

    Phoronix: Wayland 1.1 Officially Released With Weston 1.1

    The first post-1.0 release of the Wayland Display Server protocol and the Weston reference compositor implementation has been released...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM1Mjk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    564

    Default

    "Sponsored by Scott Moreau" <= inb4 this.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Still no...

    Still no XWayland, no minimize window.

    Oh, and mouse pointer acceleration, or automatic input language detection without configuration file?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Still no XWayland, no minimize window.

    Oh, and mouse pointer acceleration, or automatic input language detection without configuration file?
    Canonical must be disappointed, they'll have no code to steal yet to implement these features.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I'm all for what's canonical doing but please, stop this butthurt with Mir - this is a news about Wayland, not Ubuntu/Unity/Canonical...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siekacz View Post
    I'm all for what's canonical doing but please, stop this butthurt with Mir - this is a news about Wayland, not Ubuntu/Unity/Canonical...
    +1

    Put some Preparation H on your tushes and buck up!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Still no XWayland, no minimize window.

    Oh, and mouse pointer acceleration, or automatic input language detection without configuration file?
    minimize is being worked out. mouse pointer acceleration was daniel's job but he may have passed that off. language idk.

    and I thought xwayland had to be merged into the x server, not wayland
    Last edited by Darxus; 04-16-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: accidental, should be restored to original, sorry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    and I thought xwayland had to be merged into the x server, not wayland
    Yes, xwayland mostly refers to modifications to x.org. I can't be sure what uid313 was referring to, but 1) there is a segfault bug that makes xwayland basically not usable, known since September ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59983 ), and 2) xwayland has not yet been committed upstream.

    ("Edit Post" is way too close to "Reply With Quote".)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darxus View Post
    Yes, xwayland mostly refers to modifications to x.org. I can't be sure what uid313 was referring to, but 1) there is a segfault bug that makes xwayland basically not usable, known since September ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59983 ), and 2) xwayland has not yet been committed upstream.

    ("Edit Post" is way too close to "Reply With Quote".)
    Hopefully app devs will start porting stuff to GTK3 (mozilla are you listening) and other compatible toolkits and we won't be an urgent need for xwayland. At least for most apps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •