Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Intel Haswell To Boost Graphics Performance 2~3x

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Too bad, no OpenGL 4.3 support.
    OpenGL 4.0 support is only for their Windows driver. Linux will be lucky to see OpenGL 3.3 support before the end of the year.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryao View Post
    OpenGL 4.0 support is only for their Windows driver. Linux will be lucky to see OpenGL 3.3 support before the end of the year.
    It's still a mystery to me if OpenGL support has to do with hardware capabilites or if it's just a driver thing.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    It's still a mystery to me if OpenGL support has to do with hardware capabilites or if it's just a driver thing.
    Both. You get the lowest version both support.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryao View Post
    OpenGL 4.0 support is only for their Windows driver. Linux will be lucky to see OpenGL 3.3 support before the end of the year.
    OpenGL 3.3 is definitely going to be finished this year, at least for the Intel driver.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ฿ 16LDJ6Hrd1oN3nCoFL7BypHSEYL84ca1JR
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Code:
    GL 3.2:
    
    Core/compatibility profiles                           DONE
    GLSL 1.50                                             not started
    Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4)            partially done (Zack)
    BGRA vertex order (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra)          DONE (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    Base vertex offset(GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex)  DONE (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    Frag shader coord (GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions) DONE (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    Provoking vertex (GL_ARB_provoking_vertex)            DONE (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    Seamless cubemaps (GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map)          DONE (i965, r600)
    Multisample textures (GL_ARB_texture_multisample)     DONE (i965)
    Frag depth clamp (GL_ARB_depth_clamp)                 DONE (i965, r600, swrast)
    Fence objects (GL_ARB_sync)                           DONE (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    GLX_ARB_create_context_profile                        DONE
    
    
    GL 3.3:
    
    GLSL 3.30                                             new features in this version pretty much done
    GL_ARB_blend_func_extended                            DONE (i965, r600, softpipe)
    GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location                       DONE (i915, i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    GL_ARB_occlusion_query2                               DONE (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    GL_ARB_sampler_objects                                DONE (i965, r300, r600)
    GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding                            DONE
    GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui                             DONE (i965, r600)
    GL_ARB_texture_swizzle                                DONE (same as EXT version) (i965, r300, r600, swrast)
    GL_ARB_timer_query                                    DONE (i965, r600)
    GL_ARB_instanced_arrays                               DONE (i965, r300, r600)
    GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev                     DONE (i965, r600)
    - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt

    Now I don't know how much work GLSL 1.50 is, but is it more than half a year's work?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    449

    Default

    At least some of the patches required for GLSL 1.5 support have been sent to the mesa-dev list (and a fair while ago too). I don't know if they were all the required patches or not, somebody who actually writes these things would need to comment :-)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archibald View Post
    At least some of the patches required for GLSL 1.5 support have been sent to the mesa-dev list (and a fair while ago too). I don't know if they were all the required patches or not, somebody who actually writes these things would need to comment :-)
    It's basically Geometry Shaders and Interface Blocks. Interface Blocks are basically done, and Geometry Shaders are coming along quite nicely. We're actually able to run fairly complex geometry shaders on i965 now.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
    It's basically Geometry Shaders and Interface Blocks. Interface Blocks are basically done, and Geometry Shaders are coming along quite nicely. We're actually able to run fairly complex geometry shaders on i965 now.
    Do you have plans for supporting OpenGL 4.1 on Haswell gen hw ? :P (Ok I know, I should laught from PR department not you, but still )

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    @Kayden

    When will Rage/Doom 3 BFG run with mesa? How much faster would be mesa git compared to 9.1 for Ivy Bridge and Left 4 Dead 2? Team Fortress 2/Half-Life 2 DM was basically playable but L4D2 is too slow (around 20 fps @ 1920x1200).

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    Do you have plans for supporting OpenGL 4.1 on Haswell gen hw ? :P (Ok I know, I should laught from PR department not you, but still )
    Not right away, obviously...but I imagine we probably will at some point. Is there a specific feature you were hoping for? We can always implement certain extensions before finishing a full GL version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    @Kayden

    When will Rage/Doom 3 BFG run with mesa? How much faster would be mesa git compared to 9.1 for Ivy Bridge and Left 4 Dead 2? Team Fortress 2/Half-Life 2 DM was basically playable but L4D2 is too slow (around 20 fps @ 1920x1200).
    I don't know about Rage/Doom 3 BFG at this point...I haven't had time to look into it yet (sorry). L4D2 is perfectly playable on my Ivybridge (Lenovo X230) with Mesa master at 1920x1080. I haven't tried 9.1 lately, but we have done a bunch of optimizations since then, and I'm seeing a lot more than 20 fps. You might also try turning Shaders and Effects down to Low, if you haven't already.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •