Quote Originally Posted by schmalzler View Post
1) Yeah, RTFM... I did it and even the manual does not say that if I would run a service after Resume I need to run it After suspend.target. I found it by accident reading wikis on other systemd-related stuff. Anything but intuitive...
2) No plymouth, no quiet - verbose output. which is quite a lot, so many messages don't show up when switching back to TTY1. And as I said I did not expect it. I just realised after uninstalling laptop-mode that it somehow interferd. And I won't install it again to see f there was a message.
3) No, I did not edit anything. Just started reading the config files and decided not to use laptop-mode.
4) The hardware is NOT buggy/broken. It just does not play well with linux. Suse even has an own package to fix those HDDs (and that are quite a lot!) - storage-fixup. And returning the disk is no option. It already was in the laptop, I used it for 2 months before I noticed the issue. Noone will take back that HDD...
1) Really wasn't meant as "RTFM" Which i personally see as unhelpful, but to a certain extent its true. Thats the point of "targets" they're continuous. When the target ends, it means the opposite condition has arrived. Suspend.target or sleep.target means that while its active, the laptop is asleep. And when it ends, then run all the After=sleep.target. Network.target means "While the network is up and active." I'm glad you were able to figure it out, and im not saying systemd DOESNT have a bit of a learning curve, but the documentation is there so that the learning curve can be handled.

2) If you still want power management, but maybe with a simpler interface / config file, check TLP.