Thread: Nexuiz v2.4 is out!

Default Nexuiz v2.4 is out!

Nexuiz v2.4 is out with the following improvements:

- Completely new menu design and UI graphics, allowing easier server browsing, player setup, and game creation options such as gametype and mutators
    - Two additional maps (Strength and BloodPrison CTF)
    - Updated models for several items and three weapons, new gibs, and many texture improvements throughout the game
    - Improved performance, networking, and memory usage
    - Graphical improvements including water reflections, completely new particle effects, and improved fog rendering
    - Improved bots, including AI improvements for CTF and Domination game modes
    - Improved map voting system
    This update is a really big one if compared to v2.3 and takes Nexuiz, the best free (as in...) shooter avaible, one step further with an awesome graphic engine and gameplay features. I really recommend this game to everyone!

There's also a new website and a new v2.4 gameplay trailer at the front site!

http://www.nexuiz.com

I would be pleased if this could make it in the Phoronix news...

- d2kx

I'm playing it right now. Very noticeable changes from the previous version, and they are all good. I can no longer play with everything on max while at 1680x1050 (HD2900XT); had to ditch HDR/Bloom and the Dynamic Lights/Shadows. The new menu looks a bit tacky, but it's nice. Finally 5.1 sound support for me .

Well, enjoy

One minor thing Linux users of older distros may experience: The supplied binaries were compiled on a rather "fresh" FC 8, so if e.g. your glibc is outdated the game won't start.

Follow the instructions here: http://alientrap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2761

Just one question. How do you take screenshots and where are they saved? Does the game already have a set key for it or does it have to be user created?

Quote Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
    Just one question. How do you take screenshots and where are they saved? Does the game already have a set key for it or does it have to be user created?
    By default it's bound to F12. You'll find the screenshots in ~/.nexuiz/data/screenshots