Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 4.6.1 Drives OS X Benchmarking

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 4.6.1 Drives OS X Benchmarking

The first point release to Phoronix Test Suite "Utsira" has been released with some marked improvements for Apple OS X and other minor enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

how can I install the suite on osx?

Comment

GUI?

Anyone knows if the web browser based GUI is already functional? Thanks!

Comment

Oh, and one suggestion, Michael, if you are reading. Can you please output results in a way that "more is better" always? This way, once can run a suite of tests and get a global score, say through the geometric mean. It would also make the results easier to digest when browsing the plots

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
          how can I install the suite on osx?
          Just download the package, extract it, and run ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark whatever
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
            Anyone knows if the web browser based GUI is already functional? Thanks!
            The HTML5 GUI is still held up by not having any compelling artwork yet, so I guess my current aim is for it to be mastered for PTS 5.0.

Oh, and one suggestion, Michael, if you are reading. Can you please output results in a way that "more is better" always? This way, once can run a suite of tests and get a global score, say through the geometric mean. It would also make the results easier to digest when browsing the plots

Thanks!
            Geometric mean should already accomodate for that and divide LIB results by 1 / result. The overview graphs and other select areas also do that to make a HIB result. However, in terms of actually showing all graphs that way, I don't have any meaningful way to illustate it while still giving an actually meaningful number.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Geometric mean should already accomodate for that and divide LIB results by 1 / result. The overview graphs and other select areas also do that to make a HIB result. However, in terms of actually showing all graphs that way, I don't have any meaningful way to illustate it while still giving an actually meaningful number.
              Oh, I believe there is a bug then:
              OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

But it would be great if it worked the way you described it. Also, note that you _can_ return something meaningful. For instance, for a timed compilation, ou can return number of compilations per hour. That is a meaningful quantity.

Comment

Oh, I believe there is a bug then:
                OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

But it would be great if it worked the way you described it. Also, note that you _can_ return something meaningful. For instance, for a timed compilation, ou can return number of compilations per hour. That is a meaningful quantity.
                Sorry, I should have been clearer, here in these tests, there are 3 processors, with very different capabilities. One of them is always about twice as fast as the slowest, and the other three times as fast, but the geometric mean is about the same for all of them ... by the way, is there a bugtracker for the for PTS? I couldn't find one ...

Comment

Working...
                X