Xonotic 0.7 Has New Compiler, Game Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BO$$'s profile -> Add to Ignore List (left hand menu) -> Yes

Gets you back to rudely debating reality instead of extremely-rudely debating delusions.

Michael's passiveness in forum moderation not only means that even reasonable adults escalate to rudeness and vitriol (me included, of course) but also that insane ass-clowns (see?) need to be filtered out by each user to make the forums tolerable. Stuff like this doesn't happen on LWN or most other sites with the gumption to moderate appropriately.

I wouldn't even see what that kid rants about if people would stop replying-to/quoting him.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
      Exactly. For them it's more important being "right" than to have happy users. Which is why Microsoft rules. They should take a lesson from Windows 8, where Microsoft actually stumbled. They also think they did the "right" thing but the users don't buy it. And profit motives will force them to do what the buyers want. Not what they want. Which is why linux is basically fucked since nobody cares about the users, just about themselves writing "cool" code.
      Crap, I half agree with you. I don't know if Windows 8 was really the "right" thing to do. However radical changes can cause users to revolt or stick with older releases. You're right that they have to do an about face however when Gnome went crazy on me I just switched to lxde and been happy ever since... That's the good part about having dozens of DE's (yeah I know their downsides as well so lets not bring that part up).

One caveat, considering the backlash that hit gnome shell they should of took a lesson for the Linux world?

Comment

anyway, before being so rudely interrupted

play [MoN] Overkill [MOD] !
        we (robots) need more meat
        if you get lucky you can shoot Calinou too !

join today for free nothing at all !
        get confused by your spawn location !
        get a nade in you face ! for free !
        get shot from 3 kilometers away and curse the aimer !
        its great fun for the whole family ! (parental advisory: gibs galore)
        Last edited by gens; 09 June 2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
          Exactly. For them it's more important being "right" than to have happy users. Which is why Microsoft rules. They should take a lesson from Windows 8, where Microsoft actually stumbled. They also think they did the "right" thing but the users don't buy it. And profit motives will force them to do what the buyers want. Not what they want. Which is why linux is basically fucked since nobody cares about the users, just about themselves writing "cool" code.
          Crap, I half agree with you. I don't know if Windows 8 was really the "right" thing to do. However radical changes can cause users to revolt or stick with older releases. You're right that they have to do an about face however when Gnome went crazy on me I just switched to lxde and been happy ever since... That's the good part about having dozens of DE's (yeah I know their downsides as well so lets not bring that part up).

One caveat, considering the backlash that hit gnome shell they should of took a lesson for the Linux world?
          This is one huge stupid lie. Show me one example when this happened? Its about control over userbase, control over chicken house; not about opinions of chickens. Opinions of chickens are listened to ONLY when the userbase is very low, when master is fragile and dependent;

When we have 5 operating systems, all software producers call to be crossplatform. When there is one lead with several small, suddenly only one is supported and the rest is considered unimportant or "alternative".

After critical mass, chicken opinion is no longer the matter - *they* make chicken opinion up. Chicken can try to fight, but they can't win - they can only hope to last long enough before finding "acceptable" config, because the master reached singularity, is essential to chicken life support and there is no life outside of master.

Even if MS interface is considered to suck by majority of older start-button zombies, MS has not lost time throwing stones on PC platform infront of Linux pathway - in form of UEFI, secureboot, fastboot. So come on, wish microsoft success, wish them to learn from Linux, maybe join Icaza. But don't build any false hopes to change their corporate policy of cannibalism, double-standards, betrayal and selfishness. No one ever managed to get back without his clothes covered by MS slime.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            I've written a fair amount of QuakeC 3 gameplay code, or whatever the system is officially named. What I know of the original QC is only through some casual reading.
            Quake 3 doesn't use QuakeC, it uses real ANSI C. Whereas QC is a language that is very similar to C, but isn't C. (At least as of the original Q1 release, I imagine the DarkPlaces devs probably patched in some new C features.)

Comment

Because somehow I should have been able to know back in 2008 that they will remove support in 2012. On these forums people like to say that somehow linux is better than windows yet you can't have even similar support for video cards. It's not like AMD video cards are some niche product that only 3 people in the world use...
              You can expect manufacturer can drop support any time if you are using closed source drivers and some/many hardware have worse support if Linux has smaller market share than Windows.

Comment

Working...
              X