Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: X.Org Wiki has a new style

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    440

    Default X.Org Wiki has a new style

    I like it, the tables are considerably more compact, which makes it easier to get an overview of the state of play of the radeon drivers. What do other people think? http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default don't fix what ain't broken

    Quote Originally Posted by archibald View Post
    I like it, the tables are considerably more compact, which makes it easier to get an overview of the state of play of the radeon drivers. What do other people think? http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
    The colorcoding in the original layout was way better then this, this is a horrible change and it should be revoked.
    As I see it, it's useless for what it's ment to be. A quick overview of feature completeness !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default don't fix what ain't broken

    Quote Originally Posted by archibald View Post
    I like it, the tables are considerably more compact, which makes it easier to get an overview of the state of play of the radeon drivers. What do other people think? http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
    The colorcoding in the original layout was way better then this, this is a horrible change and it should be revoked.
    As I see it, it's useless for what it's ment to be. A quick overview of feature completeness !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unifox View Post
    The colorcoding in the original layout was way better then this, this is a horrible change and it should be revoked.
    As I see it, it's useless for what it's ment to be. A quick overview of feature completeness !
    Ah, when I started this thread is was just an optimisation: essentially they made the boxes smaller so that more could be seen.

    Now that it's been converted to markdown format they've lost the colour coding and I think it looks ghastly! To say nothing of the difficulty of reading it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    79

    Default

    There were some glitches in the conversion from the MoinMoin wiki to the new ikiwiki - we've been fixing them and will continue to do so as we find them.

    As for "what ain't broken", unfortunately Moin was severely broken, and taking many hours of administration a day to keep working and fight off the wiki spammers. The choice was new wiki or no wiki, so we have a new wiki now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Thank you for commenting, I didn't realise that the loss of colour coding was a glitch. I'm grateful for the wiki and the continued efforts that go into it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Good to see it wasn't ment to be useless If you could just have a look at RadeonProgram and GalliumStatus, so we can have the colorcoding back there aswell.
    And at the bottom of the RadeonFeature wiki there is a lot of info, that doesn't make any sense anymore There used to be pointers at different features to show what kernel version were needed, but it's messed up at the moment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unifox View Post
    If you could just have a look at RadeonProgram and GalliumStatus, so we can have the colorcoding back there aswell.
    Fixed - the styling isn't great, but at least the color codes are back. (I had to go to the archive of the old wiki to get the color code info, but now that they're restored, anyone with a freedesktop.org wiki account should be able to improve them.

    Quote Originally Posted by unifox View Post
    And at the bottom of the RadeonFeature wiki there is a lot of info, that doesn't make any sense anymore There used to be pointers at different features to show what kernel version were needed, but it's messed up at the moment.
    Yeah, the footnote plugin in the new wiki isn't working right, so I did a M-x replace-regexp to change them to direct links with subscripts to the lists on the bottom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •