Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Has Massive Radeon Patch Set - Power Management!

thanks to everyone involved with the patch for power management!

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Curious, since the code to have that file is definitely still there: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/l...ext-3.11-wip-4
    The debug file is never created when using dpm. I added the code to create it in the dpm init function, but the values never changed. So if I were to guess the new code requires some dpm specific code to get the engine clock, memory clock values etc which hasn't been implemented yet. Either that or dpm doesn't actually work here yet (the fan speed goes up and down occasionally though, so something is definitely working).

Quote Originally Posted by chithanh View Post
    I updated whe wiki article now. Some information I had to guess, so you may want to double-check that I did not make a mistake.
    According to your Wiki their is no *.smc firmware for r500 and r600 cards. Maybe that would be an explanation why this doesn't work on my HD3200? Damn, got to test this on my HD6870 now.

There is no r500 or r600 smc firmware at http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/ and I also see no references to such firmware in the code. Also there is no smc firmware for APUs apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by chithanh View Post
    There is already a thread for UVD, and Deathsimple really must feel like a broken record answering the same questions over and over again
    Thanks for the link. The short version of the answer would be "they're working on it", then

Tested this on my HD6870 now, also always reports running in performance mode, but keeps cool and quiet, so it seems to work. If this is simply a problem with the code that reports the power profile used and not a problem with switching power profiles than the overheating issues on my laptop are sadly not fixed on my HD3200 and I still have to use Catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    Tested this on my HD6870 now, also always reports running in performance mode, but keeps cool and quiet, so it seems to work. If this is simply a problem with the code that reports the power profile used and not a problem with switching power profiles than the overheating issues on my laptop are sadly not fixed on my HD3200 and I still have to use Catalyst.
    Judging by the code there are only two power modes; performance and battery. There is also a third one called balanced, but it's not implemented yet so it reverts to performance.

hi ag5df, i tested and my office's PCs using rv710 and rv770 seems to work fine but my Cape Verde 7770 panic and hang the whole computer to the point that even ssh doesn't work, so can you give me some tips on how to debug it?

im using latest firmware and 3.11-wip-5

many thanks for your efforts

Looking forward to testing this on my A6 APU in Arch (seems to load the SUMO firmware, btw, though I don't know if it actually uses it). Taking forever to download the git repo on my 7KB/s (aka, 56kbps) 2G connection, though. Already +12h in and only 30%.
    Edit: Looks like the download halted somewhere midway through the night. D:
    Last edited by Nobu; 06-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    Looking forward to testing this on my A6 APU in Arch (seems to load the SUMO firmware, btw, though I don't know if it actually uses it). Taking forever to download the git repo on my 7KB/s (aka, 56kbps) 2G connection, though. Already +12h in and only 30%.
    Edit: Looks like the download halted somewhere midway through the night. D:
    Just in case you weren't already, use --depth 1.