Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 Is Now Stable On Linux

Default Half-Life 2 Is Now Stable On Linux

Phoronix: Half-Life 2 Is Now Stable On Linux

Valve's popular Half-Life 2 game and its sequels are now out of beta on Linux!..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5Nzc

Yay! Time to play this classic game once again.

(If you still do not own this game, this is a must buy, along with the original 1999 Half-life game).

Too bad it is a rather shitty game. I had it confused with the original Half-life which is famous for its story, Half-life 2 was only famous for being part of the orange box, which it was because valve knew it was shit before trying to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by carewolf View Post
    Too bad it is a rather shitty game. I had it confused with the original Half-life which is famous for its story, Half-life 2 was only famous for being part of the orange box, which it was because valve knew it was shit before trying to sell it.
    While Half-Life 2 was included in the Orange Box, it was originally released 3 year prior to the Orange Box existing.

Moron of the Year 2013, 6 months in advance.

Please now, get your hands on Portal 2, I can't wait to test it and more, test coop custom maps on it (that should be great).

Any Linux Oculus users here? Does it really works in H-L2 on Linux?

You talking about the highest rated PC game ever. game with 35 GOTY awards (recently even called Game of the Decade). And H-L2 came out 3 years (2004) before Orange Box (2007).

Quote Originally Posted by kwahoo View Post
    You talking about the highest rated PC game ever. game with 35 GOTY awards (recently even called Game of the Decade). And H-L2 came out 3 years (2004) before Orange Box (2007).
    It's amazing what people will say for a few bags of Doritos® and some Mountain Dew®. Frankly, I don't see how a company that auto-updates everyone's game to Korean get's so many fanboys.

So you're saying a failed update somehow makes the game itself shit? U mad bro??

Maybe he's playing Crysis 3 (aaarrrgh).