Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Funny Story With WIndows to Linux User Switcher

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    I'm sure, since with Linux 3.11 and Mesa 9.2 the free Radeon stack is a real option. No more Catalyst.
    Does open source driver provide at least 80% performance of Catalyst with 1.5-years-old Southern Islands?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS987 View Post
    Does open source driver provide at least 80% performance of Catalyst with 1.5-years-old Southern Islands?
    in some scenarios is faster than fglrx and in anothers are between 60%~90% of fglrx, improving daily and is 99.99% glitches/issues free and in 2d accel is magnitudes of times better

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    in some scenarios is faster than fglrx and in anothers are between 60%~90% of fglrx, improving daily and is 99.99% glitches/issues free and in 2d accel is magnitudes of times better
    I can't get even native resolution for my monitor without fglrx.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    I'm sure, since with Linux 3.11 and Mesa 9.2 the free Radeon stack is a real option. No more Catalyst.
    Hope you have a safe trip then
    Last edited by t.s.; 09-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACiD View Post
    I can't get even native resolution for my monitor without fglrx.
    What kernel?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    What kernel?
    2.6.33.2 (Puppy)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACiD View Post
    2.6.33.2 (Puppy)
    That is prehistoric kernel.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS987 View Post
    That is prehistoric kernel.
    It's the current Puppy kernel

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t.s. View Post
    Hope you have a safe trip then
    In fact, I'm already tripping. Writing this in a Sony YB series netbook with an E-450 AMD APU, Linux 3.11, Mesa 9.2, Radeon free driver with VDPAU accel and DPM

    DotA runs fine here, just a bit slower than DotA on Windows. Also, YouTube and Crunchyroll are HW accelerated here, so they run fine. I'm running KDE with the KWin EGL provider, so, system load is on historical minimums. There are no glitches, suspend and resume are rock solid, 2D is fine...
    Last edited by Alejandro Nova; 09-06-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACiD View Post
    2.6.33.2 (Puppy)
    lol im not even sure KMS exists in that kernel for modern radeons, you at worst need 3.8 and ideally 3.11 kernel.

    tell those puppy guys 2008 days are long gone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •