Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XenServer Is Now Fully Open-Source

Phoronix: XenServer Is Now Fully Open-Source

Citrix has announced this week that XenServer 6.2 is now fully open-source software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

that will shake up things a little in the open source virtualisation land

Comment

Fail on the performance Per Watt computation ...

there is an error in theperformance per watt computations..
      I hope it isn't in the PTS itself :

- You calculate the performance per watt by dividing the power consumption by the time it took to run. While I agree that the time should be on the denominator, the power should be too ! More power used doesn't make for more performance PER watt (here is the hint...)

Your formula : powerUsed / time = XX Watts/seconds = POWER times performance... has nothing to do with performance PER watts.
      CORREST FORMULA : 1[or any number, I chose 10000 for lisibility] /( time * powerUsed) = XX seconds-1.watts-1 (performance is in seconds-1)

By the way I'm not just saying that because you made a mistake, it changes the conclusion (which was very odd) :
      no, overclocking doesn't improve (drastically !!!) the performance per watt, it reduces it, like it has always done.
      Overclocking is using a CPU out of it's optimal conditions, so of course efficiency decreases, as performance increases.

My results for the C-ray test :

Time PERF WATTS PERF/WATT (Seconds-1 / Watts)
      A5800 39,92 250,50 113,00 2,2168230266
      A6800 36,89 271,08 112,00 2,4203229679
      A6800 (4.7GHz) 33,05 302,57 160,00 1,8910741301

Most efficient is A6800 at stock speed.

Comment

Wrong thread, and pointing out that "lisibility" is not a word in English (it's a Frenchism, a pet peeve of mine).

Comment

Working...
        X