Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.03 Catalyst Driver

Just to confirm, does the file now say TexturedVideo=Son and VideoOverlay=Soff ?

Yes,
    In:
    [AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/DDX]
    I had:

VideoOverlay=Soff
    OpenGLOverlay=Soff
    TexturedVideo=Son

Maybe I'll try to do the installation on fresh install I've on spare disc...

Anyway, I'm back to 8.40.4 cause I need VariCAD for work.

Looking forward for any solution.

OK, thanks. Not sure what is going on there.

Is there a Bugzilla ticket that covers the issues you are seeing with VariCAD ?

@bridgeman

do you think that renaming to 8-3 is a fix? Of course i like to update my script every few h just because of it... How many h will that last till it is renamed to 8-03 like the other drivers (8-01, 8-02)? How about providing a file similar to this one:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree8...x86/latest.txt
    Last edited by Kano; 03-05-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    do you think that renaming to 8-3 is a fix? Of course i like to update my script every few h just because of it... How many h will that last till it is renamed to 8-03 like the other drivers (8-01, 8-02)?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    On AMD's website for the Linux driver, in some places the Catalyst version was formatted as Y.M (i.e. Catalyst 8.2) and others Y.MM (i.e. Catalyst 8.02). However, AMD's marketing department has clarified this with their Linux GPG team and its outside release identifier from now on will remain consistent as Y.M (well, Y.MM once we reach October).
    AMD's marketing department should be enforcing this pattern, so I think it may stay like that with the filename.