Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dota 2 Is Now Available For Testing On Linux

Downloaded, attempted to play, discovered it segfaults just about any time I try to actually do anything (e.g. start the tutorial, join a match, practice with bots, change video or audio settings...).

I can definitely see why this is still only in testing right now, it doesn't appear to be ready for prime-time at all yet.

Apparently I'm not the only one getting segfaults all the time though, so I'm adding my experiences and information to the existing bug (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/142, in case anyone else runs into the same issue), hopefully they'll figure out what's going on and get it fixed.

There is currently a bug in Mesa with Dota2, Valve says it should be fixed in the next version: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dot...mment-20850753

Is anyone else getting major rendering bugs with catalyst? I'm still on 13.1 because of the laptop backlight bug, but seems I'll have to choose between being able to adjust my backlight and playing (among others) Dota 2. Damn...

The graphics are great and it's super smooth. Takes a while to load. Segfaults during tutorial 3. Looking forward to future developments.

The regular, main client that everyone (Windows) uses has just been released for Linux.

Oh, and my AMD Radeon HD 6870 with the opensource radeon driver and dpm enabled runs it like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash63 View Post
    The graphics are great and it's super smooth. Takes a while to load. Segfaults during tutorial 3. Looking forward to future developments.
    mmmmmmmm can't wait till i get my new rig set up. dota 2 was the only reason why i had windows at all.