Playing With GTK/Qt5/SDL/EFL On Wayland 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digit View Post
    I can only see login/logout/restart and other session management buttons, no visible way of launching an app.
    Same here. Running on nouveau (GeForce 560Ti).

Comment

I can only see login/logout/restart and other session management buttons, no visible way of launching an app.
      It looks to me the autologin didn't work? Weston should switch the tty?
      Can you try to switch ttys? Go to tty1 and then tty10, that's usually the tty that the autologin session actually appears on.

Try running
      Code:
      ps -A | grep weston
      in tty1 too. how many weston-display-servers do you see?

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
        What kind of hardware do you have? Intel? Nvidia?
        The autologin calls up a second weston server on a new tty.
        I have nVidia as well, so it's nouveau (I guess?). I think we are all having the same issue here. Do you want more feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
          I have nVidia as well, so it's nouveau (I guess?). I think we are all having the same issue here. Do you want more feedback?
          Can you please try what I asked Digit to do? http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...536#post342536
          Thanks.

Comment

It looks to me the autologin didn't work? Weston should switch the tty?
            Can you try to switch ttys? Go to tty1 and then tty10, that's usually the tty that the autologin session actually appears on.

Try running
            Code:
            ps -A | grep weston
            in tty1 too. how many weston-display-servers do you see?
            Nothing, just the options we were talking about in tty8.

Just one weston-display-server (and one weston-keyboard, weston-desktop)

R,

Comment

Nothing, just the options we were talking about in tty8.

Just one weston-display-server (and one weston-keyboard, weston-desktop)

R,
              Hi.

I found the issue. It's a Kernel Mode setting permissions issue with /dev/dri/card*
              Most of my testing was done on VirtualBox, so the Framebuffer part got a better testing then.
              Anyway it seems that with the fact that the permissions on the file is supposed to be granted by console-kit or the login manager, so I made a commit to add the plugdev users group permissions to access that file similar to the way I do it to /dev/fb*.

I don't know if there's a more secure way to do this, as any local user that can log in will be able to see /dev/dri/card0

I'm really sorry about this. I guess I should push a new ISO with the fix.

Comment

Hi.

I found the issue. It's a Kernel Mode setting permissions issue with /dev/dri/card*
                Most of my testing was done on VirtualBox, so the Framebuffer part got a better testing then.
                Anyway it seems that with the fact that the permissions on the file is supposed to be granted by console-kit or the login manager, so I made a commit to add the plugdev users group permissions to access that file similar to the way I do it to /dev/fb*.

I don't know if there's a more secure way to do this, as any local user that can log in will be able to see /dev/dri/card0
                Yes, after changing the permissions of that file, the session launched fine

I'm really sorry about this. I guess I should push a new ISO with the fix.
                Yeah, I want my money back

Comment

Yeah, I want my money back
                  It's already returned, didn't you notice?

Comment

The new ISOs with the permission fix are up

Comment

...I don't know if there's a more secure way to do this, as any local user that can log in will be able to see /dev/dri/card0 ...
                      I think security, while important in itself, in this case should be the last of your worries. People running your distro just wanna play with Wayland, see how it works, period. Thanks for your hard work.

Edit: Just to clarify, if you need to sacrifice security to make Wayland work better - go for it.
                      Last edited by mark45; 15 July 2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X